House & Garden Nutes., Under Current Systems, 30,000 Watts, 10 Tons of A/C, Co2

• Thread starter Ben Derdundat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

phup

Super clean and nice. Looking forward to see a SOG style made from only 18 plants in the UC.

Subscribed

B

budbrothers

why not? i have to aerate it also. i was gonna build a manifold that would run all three.

R

RMCG

am i missing something? 200 gallons of PG?

Papa

Yes.

He should not need a cooling res that large for drop in chillers. The 'self contained' Chill King's have a 20 G insulated res, add a few gallons for the manifold/lines. And again, no need to run 100% glycol.

B

budbrothers

For sure. Thanks. I'm going to be running the under current evo xxl13 12 site 2 of then is a 1 hp over kill? Or is more better (more efficient) ?

R

RMCG

For sure. Thanks. I'm going to be running the under current evo xxl13 12 site 2 of then is a 1 hp over kill? Or is more better (more efficient) ?

Probably not overkill, probably will run fairly often/constant.

B

Bobby Smith

Yes.

He should not need a cooling res that large for drop in chillers. The 'self contained' Chill King's have a 20 G insulated res, add a few gallons for the manifold/lines. And again, no need to run 100% glycol.

The reservoir would NOT be cooled by a chiller, and would rely on the cool ambient temps in my crawlspace (55-66F year round) to keep it cool - that's why I'd try to go as large as possible on it (would make it 1000 gallons if I had the room).

Thanks for the info on the glycol, RCMG.

Sorry about taking up space, Ben.

H

HannaMan

Is there any reason not to run 1 big epicenter with a larger reservoir rather then running 2 smaller ones, if the plants are getting the same food and are the same genetics?

R

RMCG

Is there any reason not to run 1 big epicenter with a larger reservoir rather then running 2 smaller ones, if the plants are getting the same food and are the same genetics?

Like this?

:thinking

:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance

Dbl barrel
B

Bakedjon

Wow you have an amazing set up!!I have a large facility I am in the process of building. I will be growing in a few mediums at first. Coco and soiless is what I do now. I would like to try UC though. I will be posting some pics and my ideas for designs in the dream build section or whatever it is called.. I would really like some feed back from you if you get the time. I will try and build a thread tonight.

H

HannaMan

THanks, I don't see the double barrel 16 site on there website. I'm assuming everything they do is customizable?

B

budbrothers

yes it is all customizable they have plenty of info on there website to help you. thats a link to show you the assembly of the units and the different types.

check it out. if you have any further questions you can always call them. christian is a very helpful guy.

squarepusher

squarepusher

hi Ben, nice grow here. I'm trying to do some research on House & Garden Nutrients. Could you read what your label says on them?

For Aqua Flakes, I think there are a few different formulas,
pt A 3.1-0-3.4
pt B 1.5-3.4-6.5

but I think they have been changing their formula, so curious if this is the most up to date one? Their website doesn't list any info like that.

S

Socachi

I believe the PG that Ben is using only runs through the chiller and the coil. The coil is placed in the UC return rez not the top off rez. Water feeds from the top off rez to the UC return rez where it is then cooled. So you don't need gallons of PG to cool the system. And I don't believe it's mixed with water, it would defeat the purpose IMHO.

Ben been goin back over your thread and I very impressed with your design and construction skills. Did you do this all yourself? If so wanna build mine ;)?

The ladies are lookin real nice look forward to the end result. Can't wait till I get my UC up. The results I keep seeing are crazy.

The cool air you pull in for the lights does it come from an ac room or outside?

R

RMCG

I believe the PG that Ben is using only runs through the chiller and the coil. The coil is placed in the UC return rez not the top off rez. Water feeds from the top off rez to the UC return rez where it is then cooled. So you don't need gallons of PG to cool the system. And I don't believe it's mixed with water, it would defeat the purpose IMHO.
It is absolutely mixed with water.

You want to run as little glycol as possible because it reduces the heat transfer properties of the water. The higher the percentage of glycol in the system, the less efficient the system will be.

PG is used to ~prevent~ freezing or allows water to get colder before slushing.

The 'self-contained' Chill King chillers run with a 20G sealed/insulated reservoir. You shouldn't need more than that.

If your chiller/reservoir is set to maintain 58* and your condenser is inside, you should not use it.

If your condenser/plumbing is outside (in the winter) then mix the appropriate % of H20 and glycol to be have a freezing point of 20* less than ambient.

Even 30%/70% PG/H20 by Volume has a freezing point 9.2* F, so if your set up is inside and you keep your chiller at something normal, you don't need it.

I could see someone using it with a DIY Window A/C chiller that isn't on a temp controller and just allowed to 'run wild' (they will freeze up!) or if you were experimenting with cryogenics or laboratory process/laser chilling, but a temp controller would probably be cheaper in the long run.

If you were going to want to run anything, it would be something like 'Water Wetter' which INCREASES the heat transfer properties of water.

Note: This is NOT a FOOD SAFE product (like PG), so you cannot have any leaks to allow it to get in to the nute res's.

Top Bottom