House & Garden Nutes., Under Current Systems, 30,000 Watts, 10 Tons of A/C, Co2

• Thread starter Ben Derdundat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DR.GT

DR.GT

Nice. I have a friend who runs similar as u. Do u run sterile or live? And what kinda EC do u run/hit?

DR.GT

DR.GT

Just read your last post let me ask you this do you notice a difference between the two different systems that you and your friend have as far as root zone development and color?

ken dog

ken dog

Nice. I have a friend who runs similar as u. Do u run sterile or live? And what kinda EC do u run/hit?

He is sterile, I am live... We both try to follow the super aerated chart that current culture puts out... And we both try to follow the graft chart regarding all other parameters.

I run mine a little higher than his, & I will hit 1.0 EC.
He goes up to .8.

The main reason is he starts his flip at .3, & I start mine at .5

ken dog

ken dog

Just read your last post let me ask you this do you notice a difference between the two different systems that you and your friend have as far as root zone development and color?

I can't really tell a difference.

I forgot to say that he adds a little bit of yucca to his nutrient schedule, and I don't... Because I use Connoisseur which has Wet Betty in it.

DR.GT

DR.GT

I pretty much run exactly as you as far as ppm and enviro specs but sterile and use the whole CS line.
Do you use RO water and do you use cal mag?
Sterile works for me and gets me through the whole run with no issues but never am totally satisfied with the size of my root zone compared to running live

ken dog

ken dog

Yes, I use RO water and Cal Mag.

I've been using the Cal Mag by Advanced Nutrients at full strength until the stretch, when I cut it down to half strength...I resume full strength after the stretch.

Just this run, I switched to Advanced Nutrients Cal Mag, from, Raw Cal Mag and Amina a.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Hey, I appreciate everyone on the site and there's a lot of useful information here, you asked if you would blame the keyboard manufacturer if you couldn't type. But imagine if I told you repeatedly hit the space key AND words well appear. I just felt like that's what they were doing in regards to the calmag recommendations if that is my issue. I could pull up the email but like you said, it should be talked about in ppm. When I asked about this they refused to talk ppm and said that 1ml per gallon of any calmag would be just fine when we all know different brands are formulated at different strengths with different ingredients.... And maybe it was me but obviously something was off in the mix and following the chart to a T, I should get decent results... Not the case in my experience. If nutrients are legit, it should have just been the calmag that's the other factor in the equation. Again I've seen other do well with cs, but I can't say I've had the same experience, so I was just sharing.

But when using a 3 part+ calmag, if environment is dialed in and roots look good with very stable ppm/ph, you gotta think it's something you're putting in the tank (or not putting in the tank) that's the issue, so that's why I'm trying canna. Isn't that the definition of insanity, trying the same thing over and over expecting different results...

Again either way its bs when a nutrient company tells you in the previous email 'let me know how it goes, your success is very important to me' then when you tell them you are having the same issues after implementing their suggestions (lower air/ppm) they say 'your on your own' because everything seems dialed in. That alone makes me think my money is better spent elsewhere.

But again I have seen nice grows with cs, it just didn't work for me at their recommendations...

slimjimham

slimjimham

I was also never satisfied with the size of my root zone in cs, just bought rhizotonic to use as a foliar in veg, if it works out I'll make a post about it. But lots of people online saying it's great as a foliar...

DR.GT

DR.GT

Slim have u ever ran live? How much uc roots do u run and how often do u flush?

slimjimham

slimjimham

I ran live when I very first started hydro, tea would perk up roots right away and explosive growth but if I didn't keep it up like every 3 days shit would go south as I'm guessing the bad guys over took the good stuff.... I also had much less knowledge then so maybe I'd do better with it now... But I like the idea of keeping things steril so issues are much less likely.

I used to have root issues without uv filtered ro water, so I used more uc roots back then, but now I just use 1-3 ml. But I also just started cannazyme with it, I like the idea of any unhealthy roots getting eaten away so it keeps up root health. After a full grow with it I'll see what the roots tell me

I don't know what you mean by how often do I flush? I just flush once at the end of flower for the last 5 days by changing the system out to only ro water w/ some uc roots

Like I said a search on rhizotonic as a foliar in veg shows lots of positive responces... And the guy at canna said that's the way to use this product in these systems, so I'll have results soon enough

Top Bottom