House of hydro greenhouse humidifier

• Thread starter Nbsdsailor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nbsdsailor

Nbsdsailor

Anyone have any experience with these?

Thinking about buying a 12 head ultrasonic for my 6x6 greenhouse for evaporative cooling. I'm in San Diego and it gets hot & dry.

ShinobiShroom

ShinobiShroom

Hi Nbsdsailor, im curious to see how well the fogger has worked for your greenhouse. Im thinking of getting one myself for my 10 by 12 greenhouse and id like to know if the nine head ultrasonic would be enough or is the 12 head the way to go, i live in Menifee about 40 min from your area but i imagine that my area is probably alot less humid.

Nbsdsailor

Nbsdsailor

Hi Nbsdsailor, im curious to see how well the fogger has worked for your greenhouse. Im thinking of getting one myself for my 10 by 12 greenhouse and id like to know if the nine head ultrasonic would be enough or is the 12 head the way to go, i live in Menifee about 40 min from your area but i imagine that my area is probably alot less humid.

Hi Shinobi,

The 12 head I got is wayyyy over kill. Even in the hottest days the 12 head humidifier only has to run for 5 min to reach 100% humidity. Id say the 9 head is fine. Only thing that I've had issues is I had to replace the discs after about 6 months of use. This may be a water quality issue on my part but Im not sure. If I have to replace all discs every 6 months, that will be expensive and I'll probably switch to a more conventional fogger/humidifier.

Nbsdsailor

Nbsdsailor

I'm in El Cajon. Yea gets hot.... In the hottest months, take your plants out of the GH. GH is mostly for Oct through June.

SDBgrow

SDBgrow

I'm in El Cajon. Yea gets hot.... In the hottest months, take your plants out of the GH. GH is mostly for Oct through June.
I wish I had the ability to set them out in the yard but I’m in Santee and my neighbors can be nosy! Do you still use evap cooling in your GH? If so how are you keeping humid in check? El Cajon can be a tough place to grow outdoors too!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I wish I had the ability to set them out in the yard but I’m in Santee and my neighbors can be nosy! Do you still use evap cooling in your GH? If so how are you keeping humid in check? El Cajon can be a tough place to grow outdoors too!
My situation is a bit of the opposite. Last spring was our first complete growing season since we purchased the house. I put up the greenhouse to satisfy state laws about plants needing to be concealed from view and locked up. Halfway through the summer, I saw that my neighbor had 4 plants in pots in his back yard ... right out in the open. The neighbor and I got a good laugh once I told him what was growing in the greenhouse.

As for the evaporative cooler, it wouldn't work well in Michigan due to the cooler nights in the fall and the already high humidity ... but it might work like a charm in Southern Cal where night time temps wouldn't be as low. Just pay attention to the condensation. If it builds up, you could see mold.

SDBgrow

SDBgrow

Summertime temps at night or pretty warm here during the summer. It’s not uncommon for to reach the high 90s during the day and only drip into the 70s at night. I need a better way to keep heat down this summer without getting too much extra moisture. Mold is not my friend! Previous to the greenhouse I had four plants in pots in my yard and ended up losing hope for them to caterpillars last year. It was heartbreaking and started my road towards greenhouse growing. I think I’m going to add an additional exhaust fan. I have a 10 inch and a 6 inchExhaust right now but may need one more in addition. As with most problems if you thrown off money at it you can probably solve it! LOL

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Summertime temps at night or pretty warm here during the summer. It’s not uncommon for to reach the high 90s during the day and only drip into the 70s at night. I need a better way to keep heat down this summer without getting too much extra moisture. Mold is not my friend! Previous to the greenhouse I had four plants in pots in my yard and ended up losing hope for them to caterpillars last year. It was heartbreaking and started my road towards greenhouse growing. I think I’m going to add an additional exhaust fan. I have a 10 inch and a 6 inchExhaust right now but may need one more in addition. As with most problems if you thrown off money at it you can probably solve it! LOL

For exhausts to work effectively, you'll also need an adequate intake air-flow. Consider filtering that intake air or you might see those caterpillars return.

SDBgrow

SDBgrow

I was definitely thinking I’m going to need to put some passive air vents down low opposite my fans. Absolutely will be filtered because if I ever see those damn caterpillars again I’m burning the whole place down! LMAO

Latest posts

Top Bottom