House Voted to Federally legalize Pot

• Thread starter Anthem
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Nope, 50/50 split in the senate expected to lean against, at this point
Slim to none
There is something else interesting to add to this. Cali had a bill on the agenda to make it is criminal felony to grow over 6 plants. Well earlier this week it got squashed. Wonder it the too are tied together in some way.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
D if it goes 50/50 guess who make the tie breaker vote?
I no, key word is “lean”.
I’m not going to get political because I am not!
I hate politics and everything that comes with it.
But you got left and right, ya think there different but there not, there the same.
If it does pass it will be reversed in the next election after the ruling party gets demoted or do they🤔

Anthem

Anthem

But you got left and right, ya think there different but there not, there the same.
If it does pass it will be reversed in the next election after the ruling party gets demoted or do they🤔
Can you lock this one before it blows up?

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

2 parties, same result, same puppet masters pulling the strings. happy just being a homesteading hermit and staying out of it

DanC520

DanC520

It’ll happen eventually, prolly not this go around. And I doubt will be reversed once the cats out the bag. Possible, but I doubt it. Too much money to be made.

Maxwax

Maxwax

Let it ride for a bit,
There is a place here for marijuana related news,
Let’s keep it pot related ladies and gents:)
Wheres that? :) I dont see anyplace for general bullshitting and chat.

josefrahl

josefrahl

This bill has been sitting in the House since 2020. Originally, it was to federally decriminalize while giving each state a set amount of time to decide their own laws. (# of plants you could grow, how much you can buy, ect...) Back then it had the votes to get through the Senate as 5 or 6 R's said they would vote yes. Unfortunately, when a bill sits that long it's because usually it is "in committee", where it is changed, and 'pork' is added as each congressperson tries to add pet projects that have nothing to do with the original bill. So we'll have to wait and see how much it was changed.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It's a positive first step.

As noted through out the thread, it still needs to make it through the senate. Worst case is it's some momentum. Best case is it passes and becomes law. It's a positive thing but not full legalization.

Interesting side note ... if all 2022 initiatives pass, 40 US states will have legalized in some form. At what point will the government recognize that this must be addressed? It would make no sense to be federally illegal yet all 50 states have legalized in one way or another ...

growsince79

growsince79

D if it goes 50/50 guess who make the tie breaker vote?
They need 60 to allow a vote. Not gonna happen unless evereyone in red states that allow medical bombard Senators phones and demand it. Even then it probably won't happen.

Homesteader

Homesteader

One stroke of the pen and destroying the scheduling is all that needs to be done with executive order. The misclassification of cannabis is what is hurting the most. Congress is inept as always and should just all quit and go jump off a cliff. They only want to fill their tax coffers so they can keep spending to help their crony that got them in DC. Big gov makes small citizens. Same is true for growers.

Top Bottom