How About A "flea Market" Section?

• Thread starter Fangthane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
For sure. I can understand his logic tho. Wanting to help out fellow members. It’s a noble gesture none the less. His heart was in the right place.
It is definitely a great idea but I can foresee issues if one member does another one wrong and then it’s all on the site for allowing this And that. It’s why I can see why Admin hasn’t set something like that up. But a novel idea nonetheless

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Shoot if someone want hps fixtures and ballasts illl give ya sets for free, you handle the packaging and shipping costs. I have like 50 sets brand new sitting around gathering dust!
Hit me up on pm, ships from marina California, weight wise 6-8lbs with ballasts and bulbs

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Shoot if someone want hps fixtures and ballasts illl give ya sets for free, you handle the packaging and shipping costs. I have like 50 sets brand new sitting around gathering dust!
Hit me up on pm, ships from marina California, weight wise 6-8lbs with ballasts and bulbs

That’s awesome bro. Karma +1.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I suppose there's always that potential to some degree, but it wouldn't really need to have a direct impact on "The Farm" itself as a site. As with some large reptile sites I've belonged to, those in charge made it clear that, should there be a problem with a transaction, it wouldn't be the site's problem since Caveat Emptor would be clearly be way it's run. Zero ultimate liability for THCFarmer, and let PayPal's buyer protection help cover any douchebaggery unscrupulous sellers may try. It would be giving the membership something that, at least some of us, would actively like and find very useful. If nothing else, a trial run seems worth it.
Using PayPal business transaction takes up to two weeks or more for seller to receive funds. :(

McNaughty

McNaughty

Thats an awesome offer @Jack og it sometimes makes me cringe that i dont live closer..
Damn draconian island that im stuck on

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Here here!
Considering that most of the advanced growers on here quite likely have retired lighting and other items laying around that would still be a huge step up for some of us broke-ass noobs who can't afford the latest and greatest shit, a Member-to-Member Flea Market section may not be a bad idea. One man's trash is another's treasure, and all that.
I'd think a simple disclaimer to the effect of, "THCFARMER.COM accepts no responsibility for items bought/sold in this section" should probably cover the Admins' asses well enough to allow some open commerce between site members.
I respect you real hard right now mang. You defend your case and don’t give in easy. Nobody on this here site can give you shit for that. That’s why we got legal states and countries poppin up now. Cause of guys like you not being afraid to make their point.
Damn I love the idea tho. It’s hard to get started if you don’t get a deal on a light or a freebie from a friend now and then. I’d love to be able to sell my tent and fan for cheap to upgrade. One mans ‘gently used’ is another mans ‘shit ya bud’ maybe you should start a website for just that

Fangthane

Fangthane

Shoot if someone want hps fixtures and ballasts illl give ya sets for free, you handle the packaging and shipping costs.
Well, shit. If that generous offer also extends to nonentities, I may take you up on it when I have some free $ to play with. I haven't really found my growing niche yet, so other lighting options may be interesting to play around with.

F

FutureGrower

It's a great concept but man just shipping alone would kill that idea for me. Buying used stuff is great if you can psychically see touch and hopefully test prior to buying. I mean if some of the more known members were posting something I wanted I might use it. It just sounds like a future drama fest. We struggle to have peaceful conversations here at times lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom