How and why to properly neglect clones

• Thread starter Ponky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

Here we have the clones that didn't make the cut. This tub is used to select 4 to 6 clones. 23 sites. I leave them (the extras) going in the cloner until it's time to clean up for new clones. They have been in the cloner for almost 10 weeks on just tap water. I adjusted the PH 2x. Once when I filled it. And once the next day after the bounce. 10 weeks later the PH is still 6.0 and the roots are there on clones that didn't make the cut. Given time almost all clones root. And they can be neglected. I wanted to see if they would get fungus or bugs or foul the water. Anything. This strain appears strong. A couple dried out and died. I literally did nothing. At week 3 when I took the strong ones from this batch they were still green and vigorous with roots.
It's good to discard any clones that isn't the best. Because they're almost free to grow. The collars are super cheap. Like 17 cents a piece. Tub was 12. Pumps are 20 a piece.
How and why to properly neglect clones 2
How and why to properly neglect clones

In case you were on the fence about cloning in a bubbly boi.

2Bad

2Bad

Here we have the clones that didn't make the cut. This tub is used to select 4 to 6 clones. 23 sites. I leave them (the extras) going in the cloner until it's time to clean up for new clones. They have been in the cloner for almost 10 weeks on just tap water. I adjusted the PH 2x. Once when I filled it. And once the next day after the bounce. 10 weeks later the PH is still 6.0 and the roots are there on clones that didn't make the cut. Given time almost all clones root. And they can be neglected. I wanted to see if they would get fungus or bugs or foul the water. Anything. This strain appears strong. A couple dried out and died. I literally did nothing. At week 3 when I took the strong ones from this batch they were still green and vigorous with roots.
It's good to discard any clones that isn't the best. Because they're almost free to grow. The collars are super cheap. Like 17 cents a piece. Tub was 12. Pumps are 20 a piece.View attachment 1145808View attachment 1145807
Did u make the tub ?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I might attempt to make some clones off this batch. Is that normal for clones to take 10 weeks to root? I can grow a king kong plant from seed in that time. If this is the normal time, I will never do it lol. Id rather attempt breeding and making my own seeds.

I was going to use Rockwool, cut stem at angle, dip in this gel i got, place them in presoaked 200ppm rockwool, in another fallponics cloning hydro system. I imagined they would root in a week or 2.

Ponky

Ponky

I might attempt to make some clones off this batch. Is that normal for clones to take 10 weeks to root? I can grow a king kong plant from seed in that time. If this is the normal time, I will never do it lol. Id rather attempt breeding and making my own seeds.

I was going to use Rockwool, cut stem at angle, dip in this gel i got, place them in presoaked 200ppm rockwool, in another fallponics cloning hydro system. I imagined they would root in a week or 2.
The water and clone collar clone take 18 to 21 days. Where as rockwool and root mat with hormones and tap water take like 5 to 7. But I find the rockwool clones to be less robust. The water clones grow lots of hair roots and a few big pseudo tap root type roots.

AaronS

AaronS

Thats basically the outline here www.weedgineer.com/clones

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It's good to discard any clones that isn't the best. Because they're almost free to grow. The collars are super cheap. Like 17 cents a piece. Tub was 12. Pumps are 20 a piece.View attachment 1145808View attachment 1145807
Impressive root growth. I don't have any trouble cloning but I like the looks of your system. I just cut, scrape, dip in rooting gel, stick it in the dirt and put it in a dome, 2 weeks later I have new growth on most.
So the tub holds the water, the collars hold the cutting, what does the pump do? I have tub, pump,plants water line...what does the pump do other than recirculate the water? Don't you need to spray it on the roots with small direct able nozzle's?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Thats basically the outline here www.weedgineer.com/clone
  1. Spamming: Those who come here and post numerous links to other commercial websites, forums, chatrooms or communities, without actually contributing any content to this website will be banned without notice. It's fine to post an occasional interesting link to another website, in the context of a thread's subject, but to only do that, or to do it repeatedly, is not allowed. If you have your own website, you cannot put the URL in your profile or display it in your signature, for to do so would be advertising and there are approval avenues to follow regarding advertising on thcfarmer. Any unauthorized advertisements to any web sites will be deleted and if a member persists in posting un-authourized advertising (Spam)... then that member will be banned.

Ponky

Ponky

Impressive root growth. I don't have any trouble cloning but I like the looks of your system. I just cut, scrape, dip in rooting gel, stick it in the dirt and put it in a dome, 2 weeks later I have new growth on most.
So the tub holds the water, the collars hold the cutting, what does the pump do? I have tub, pump,plants water line...what does the pump do other than recirculate the water? Don't you need to spray it on the roots with small direct able nozzle's?
You can use venturi pumps or just air stones. The venturi pumps have the added advantage of adding 12 watts of heat to the water. And they do a good job agitating. The venturi provides plenty of bubbles. is pretty cheap. Air stones are good too. But you need quite a few of them. All the water needs is to circulate. The roots are fine to just hang in the water.

I like this method becuase I can make monster 9" clones that once transplanted are already 8 to 10 days ahead of the typical rockwool clone. You can make small clones too. But medium to large is ideal for this setup.

Ponky

Ponky

Rockwool roots the fastest. Most people just use a dome and heat mat. Claim roots in as little as 4 days. I'm not a fan. I find a lot of fungus issues with rockwool.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Rockwool roots the fastest. Most people just use a dome and heat mat. Claim roots in as little as 4 days. I'm not a fan. I find a lot of fungus issues with rockwool.
No rock wool for me I get good enough results as is. I just like the looks of that setup. I have most of what I'd need so it wouldn't cost me much to set it up. I have aquarium tank heaters,& pumps, a few airstones and other submersible pumps, hole saws, I'd just need collars and inspiration. I'd like to look at your pumping system & lines in the tub if you'd post that for me. I need pics lol..😁😁

DrStadanko

DrStadanko

Hi FYI clones take 7-10 days to root , not 10 weeks , obviously you add no nutrients to tank , if you dont add , your wasting your time
good growing luck to you
DrStadanko

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi FYI clones take 7-10 days to root , not 10 weeks , obviously you add no nutrients to tank , if you dont add , your wasting your time
good growing luck to you
DrStadanko
That has to be a brain fart...10 weeks lol....if they're not growing in 2 weeks then theys dead .

Ponky

Ponky

good growing luck to you
DrStadanko
These are neglected clones that were left for 10 weeks to fend for themselves. After the 7 best were already selected and grown. This thread is about a tub of leftover clones. Its not a thread about growing clones. You torture test left overs to see how they respond. Or to see which one sucks up all the nutirents and out grows the others. The strong have already flowered. These are disposed of. They already didn't make the cut.

Ponky

Ponky

No rock wool for me I get good enough results as is. I just like the looks of that setup. I have most of what I'd need so it wouldn't cost me much to set it up. I have aquarium tank heaters,& pumps, a few airstones and other submersible pumps, hole saws, I'd just need collars and inspiration. I'd like to look at your pumping system & lines in the tub if you'd post that for me. I need pics lol..😁😁
If it's venturi pumps I have the pumps face each other. One high one low. And with the airstones I just ran 8 air lines from one pump and just tried to spread them out. I'm resetting in a week or two. So I'll try to remember.

Ponky

Ponky

That has to be a brain fart...10 weeks lol....if they're not growing in 2 weeks then theys dead .
They're not growing for any reason other than to see if they get sick. The ones that made the cut to finishing are already gone. This is how long they can survive without intervention in a cloner. Neglected and unneeded. Their fate was sealed when their siblings rooted first.
The longest its taken a cutting to root has been 24 days. The fastest. 4. Average is 10. With some kush strains taking 18 to 21 days to show roots.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

good growing luck to you
DrStadanko
Dear Dr Whatever -

Kindly read posts thoroughly before posting you condescending, poorly written drivel.

You have a habit of making yourself look like a complete idiot.

Regards -
Everyone

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Dear Dr Whatever -

Kindly read posts thoroughly before posting you condescending, poorly written drivel.

You have a habit of making yourself look like a complete idiot.

Regards -
Everyone
I think we both read your post wrong, I too thought you we're taking 10 weeks to clone. After seeing the whole picture it makes more sense. Alls good its noon here and I'll be on my 4 joint in a few minutes. Life's Good

Top Bottom