How are my girls coming along? Only 2nd grow ever.

• Thread starter Irishmick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Looks good! hit it with a little Epsom salt for magnesium (for the leaf yellowing) and make sure you keep the heat down

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I am new so please forgive my ignorance on this but when “a guide” says 9weeks ready to harvest,, i thought that meant from seed to 9 weeks...
my girls have been in flower for 3 weeks now. I get it mixed up and still not sure what they mean.
Do i need to flower them for 6 more weeks for a total of 9weeks of flowering?
They are starting to smell really good. And getting stronger by the day.
Thanks again for any help.
Haha classic.your probably thinking adding 6 more weeks to your wait is a bastard but at least you know your plants are on the right track.one thing growing weed teaches you is patience.the best things come to those who wait.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hey all, I hope everybody is doing good.
Quick question here. This is my 2nd grow ever. I have a 4x4x7 tent 600w hps/mh lights.
I’m growing Blackberry kush and I’m in week 9 now and they look like very young bud to me.
I thought the bud would be ready to harvest by now. Am i doing something wrong?
Or do I need to just let them ride a few more weeks?
Here are a few pics so you can see.
Thanks for any help or comments.
How are they progressing? They look great at the start.

I

Irishmick

Haha classic.your probably thinking adding 6 more weeks to your wait is a bastard but at least you know your plants are on the right track.one thing growing weed teaches you is patience.the best things come to those who wait.
Yea the xtra six weeks is a real kick in the nads,lol but i’m willing to wait for them to be just right when I harvest.
They are getting huge buds now. :))

I

Irishmick

How are they progressing? They look great at the start.
They are progressing very nicely. I've noticed the buds are getting quite a bit bigger by the day.
There are only a few leaves yellowing. I add nutes once a week so im hoping that will help the yellowing. Other than the few leaves that are yellow the rest of the plants look great.

I

Irishmick

I just couldn'twait and had to try some, so I cut a tiny bit off and decarbed it and hit it a few times and OMG this is going to be some good stuff. Very nice body high, i dont like the head high of the sativa strains.

Hawg Wild

Hawg Wild

Patience.... they're on the right track for sure, but still look a good 3 weeks to a month out from being done. Get a cheap magnifier and read up on how to determine harvest time by the percent of amber trichomes. Your lungs, taste buds, and head will thank you later.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I just couldn'twait and had to try some, so I cut a tiny bit off and decarbed it and hit it a few times and OMG this is going to be some good stuff. Very nice body high, i dont like the head high of the sativa strains.
If you don't like up highs let the plants go an extra week.if it's a 9 week flower strain then give it 10 weeks which should help getting your high the way u like it.

I

Irishmick

Just a few of the hairs are starting to turn amber. I cant wait, but i will.lol
The bud is bigger than I would have thought, and getting bigger by the day. Man I need to buy more containers in the next few weeks. This harvest is wayyyy bigger than I expected.

Hawg Wild

Hawg Wild

Just a few of the hairs are starting to turn amber. I cant wait, but i will.lol
The bud is bigger than I would have thought, and getting bigger by the day. Man I need to buy more containers in the next few weeks. This harvest is wayyyy bigger than I expected.
Don't skimp on the drying and curing process either. That makes all the difference. You can quick dry a little to smoke, but the stuff you cure is going to be way better.

m8ty

m8ty

Next time make sure you have enough plants in there so that you can't see the floor. Look into how to use a trellis and consider putting in a light mover or a dimmable ballast.

I

Irishmick

Ahh man my girls are at 10 weeks and most of the pistols are turning amber. I’m waiting for 75% of them to be amber then cutting. I still cant believe the size of this harvert. They look fat and sticky. Looks like they have snow all over them. I’m thinking in a few weeks when they are dried and a bit cured i’m going to enjoy life a whole lot better.
Oh by the way I will post pics of the harvest steps and show everyone the end bud.

I

Irishmick

Ok we are in week 12 right now. Wednesday will be week 13. The girls are huge, the leaves are turning, and the pistols are turning amber. But they dont really look like their ready. I took a few pics so y’all with experience can help.
Oh the tricomes are turning milky also.
And advice is appreciated. Thanks. One more thing,lol
The orange light makes it super hard to see if things are turning and maturing like they should.

966190C1 862A 42FF AEF1 D4091934C123
85249E00 83C6 43EE 9312 63C613BB068A
B6D46CFA FE9C 43CD B6B6 D9932CB98F4B
E9455F84 E965 444C 885A 99EC00B80EF4
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

it always comes down to patience, the one big lesson of growing.

i'm finding it hard to see with the posted photos, the lighting colours the photos. I tend to find that I am always waiting a little more, but it looks close to harvest.

let the plants decide when they're ready, not sticking to some timetable which is an estimation.

i would be clipping some smaller buds, tasting some to see how close/good they are. you can even taste/feel the difference as the buds develop to its full maturity - as you are clipping the smaller (maybe less than full maturity) buds and fast-drying, rather than proper drying & curing with end harvest.

nice grow!

how do they smell? curious as I'm about to grow on the balcony, this blackberry.

Last edited:
Hawg Wild

Hawg Wild

Ok we are in week 12 right now. Wednesday will be week 13. The girls are huge, the leaves are turning, and the pistols are turning amber. But they dont really look like their ready. I took a few pics so y’all with experience can help.
Oh the tricomes are turning milky also.
And advice is appreciated. Thanks. One more thing,lol
The orange light makes it super hard to see if things are turning and maturing like they should.
How many weeks from the flip to 12/12? When you say weeks, that's what pretty much everyone assumes you mean. You should get into the habit of referring to your plant's age by weeks of veg or weeks of flower- separately. Overall time growing can mean vastly different things, so it makes no sense to use it as a way of telling people how far along your plants are.

I

Irishmick

Good point Hawg Wild. I switched the lights to 12/12, 12 weeks ago. This wed will be 13.
I’m new and learning so much I didn't even know how people aged cannabis.

I

Irishmick

it always comes down to patience, the one big lesson of growing.

i'm finding it hard to see with the posted photos, the lighting colours the photos. I tend to find that I am always waiting a little more, but it looks close to harvest.

let the plants decide when they're ready, not sticking to some timetable which is an estimation.

i would be clipping some smaller buds, tasting some to see how close/good they are. you can even taste/feel the difference as the buds develop to its full maturity - as you are clipping the smaller (maybe less than full maturity) buds and fast-drying, rather than proper drying & curing with end harvest.

nice grow!

how do they smell? curious as I'm about to grow on the balcony, this blackberry.
They small really good. A lot like berries. I decarbed a little and tried it and wow it’s amazing. The taste of earth and berries is very nice. I can’t wait until they are cured.

Hawg Wild

Hawg Wild

I am new so please forgive my ignorance on this but when “a guide” says 9weeks ready to harvest,, i thought that meant from seed to 9 weeks...
my girls have been in flower for 3 weeks now. I get it mixed up and still not sure what they mean.
Do i need to flower them for 6 more weeks for a total of 9weeks of flowering?
They are starting to smell really good. And getting stronger by the day.
Thanks again for any help.
Good point Hawg Wild. I switched the lights to 12/12, 12 weeks ago. This wed will be 13.
I’m new and learning so much I didn't even know how people aged cannabis.
I'm so confused. It's only been 4 weeks since you said they were in week 3 of flower?

Top Bottom