How are you folks venting your tents using these lights ? thx

• Thread starter Hopefull Stoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

i caved and spent the stimulus loot on a new LED. I have a gorilla shorty and will buy the extra extension to make it full size next month. i was set to run a 600 hps with hood. shit is brand new,

now. have this light. and want to know how u folks deal with venting in a 4ft. x 4ft tent. thx. for any help. THIS IS THE BASIC same design as the HLG 550
Series 3 Samsung LM301H 500 Watt Dimmable Grow Light

30roll

30roll

I have and ACI6" with the Controller on a 4x8x6.5 Tent and it's holding it's own with both Intake and Exhaust Carbon Filters. I shoulda' went with the 8" but I digress.. I would definitely run the 6" on a 4x4 because it's good to have more power than what you need so you can set lower Fan speeds which means quieter operation.

The ability to set it to maintain temp and humidity is huge.. The thing turns on and off all day and night and I don't need to do a thing. The house is really dry right now at 35-40% humidity, so I only need to set the Humidity threshold on the Controller and it will blow out the moisture as needed.. Same with temps. It's always hotter in the Tent.

I stuck with the ACI Filters and Flexible Ducting. It's pretty affordable. I used every bit of the 25' footer to plumb into my Dryer Vent with a few Sheet Metal Adapters.. I only have a Sock on the Filter inside the Tent as they are a bit restrictive.

IMG 20210124 213944102

IMG 20210124 213900902

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I don't grow in a tent, but I have 4x8 flower area and a 4x8 veg area that I ventilate using a 8" inline fan split between the two areas for exhaust and a 6" duct fan in both rooms for fresh air intake.

I use 6inch clip fans to blow on the drivers...keeps the room cooler and helps the drivers last longer. Then of course your oscillating fan lightly blowing over the canopy.

One thing I can say is don't go cheap on the big fan, I did and regret it. Got an 8" inline fan off amazon for $80 and although it works great keeping the rooms ventilated, the fucker sounds like a jet plane taking off when it fires up. Vibrates my whole house...lol

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Don't listen to any of these posers and shills. Grab a 120-140mm Noctua fan and a duct adaptor. The 3x air exchange/min nonsense is just that. Nonsense. Who the fuck needs to move that much air? No one. Youre still gonna get mold if youre the type to listen to these idiot salesmen.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Don't listen to any of these posers and shills. Grab a 120-140mm Noctua fan and a duct adaptor. The 3x air exchange/min nonsense is just that. Nonsense. Who the fuck needs to move that much air? No one. Youre still gonna get mold if youre the type to listen to these idiot salesmen.
Only one person making himself look like an idiot and a poser in this thread right now...🤔🙄😄👍

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I use an iPower 4 inch exhaust fan with carbon filter+ prefilter in 4×8 tent. Moves quite a bit of air for just 4 inch duct

Top Bottom