How Big Of A Deal Is Light Bleaching

• Thread starter legaleyes13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kfuller802vt

also have used these hlgs long enough now that i notice the signs of lights stress very quickly
now. realize most of my early problems with no smell and burned plants was from light stress and heat from the intensity of the light. the manufacturers reccomended distance actually corresponds to the correct ppfd you want for optimal growth during both veg amd flower (duh imagine that following the directions) and confirmed by the ppfd meter. i just pull back a but when buds start to ripen and start to give the plant less light at the end. but thats just me

K

kfuller802vt

What light you using? Doesn't look like light bleaching to me with my limited experience with it only been growing a few years and am called needshelpguy so take it with a grain of salt, I think they look underfed cause they look a little yellow on some lower leaves?

i have been purposefully underfeeding the plant trying to get it to stop growing so fast. i also have not transplanted yet until the space opens up in my other tent where my last plant is hanging. the plant is in a 3 gallon smart pot. the entire thing is a solid chunk of root. it has been root pruning itself for at least 2 months in that smart pot its like a solid sponge, i feed it 3 gallons of 25% canna terra line nutes as little as i can. i usuaully wait until i see a hint of leaf drooping before i water. i have a 5 gallon smart pot to transplant into as soon as the flower tent opens up, just so i give the roots some space to breathe and also so i wont have to water it every damn day during peak flower.

K

kfuller802vt

i shouldve took a picture of the plant i just harvesteds roots. it was a solid 5 gallon airpot of root. but i will say the smart pots hold alot more dirt, i have a 3 gallon smart pot and a 3 gallon airpot side by side in the veg tent and there is no way a 3 gal airpot holds 3 gallons as compared to the smart pot

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

i have been purposefully underfeeding the plant trying to get it to stop growing so fast. i also have not transplanted yet until the space opens up in my other tent where my last plant is hanging. the plant is in a 3 gallon smart pot. the entire thing is a solid chunk of root. it has been root pruning itself for at least 2 months in that smart pot its like a solid sponge, i feed it 3 gallons of 25% canna terra line nutes as little as i can. i usuaully wait until i see a hint of leaf drooping before i water. i have a 5 gallon smart pot to transplant into as soon as the flower tent opens up, just so i give the roots some space to breathe and also so i wont have to water it every damn day during peak flower.
In my opinion you don't want to underfeed on purpose will have big effects on yield in my opinion

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Underfeeding makes no sense at all. Your par meter will tell you the intensity at the point of measurement if you had the par reading at the height you claimed you would not like get light bleaching. You can put a light 1" away if you have the right par and can keep the heat down. Light drives photosynthesis and the leafs closest will do the most and starving your plants likely is the reason you see it in these leaves first. If your par meter is inaccurate or your measuring location was inaccurate and par was higher then yes you could have light bleeching. I seen no signs of heat stress so I don't that is the case.

Now are you done humble bragging yet? Sorry but you really rubbed me the wrong way when you felt the need to shit on peoples grows. I'm not going to stoop to that but there is your answer.

K

kfuller802vt

its definitely light bleaching you jave no clue wtf you are talking about, dont you jave some dolphins to go swim with, you have no clue about wtf is going on with the plant, dont worry when i flower it in a few days and it produces big beautiful buds you will eat your words, among other things as well im sure of, so you have a nice day and go rub one out or whatever it is you do my aqua velvet

K

kfuller802vt

Underfeeding makes no sense at all. Your par meter will tell you the intensity at the point of measurement if you had the par reading at the height you claimed you would not like get light bleaching. You can put a light 1" away if you have the right par and can keep the heat down. Light drives photosynthesis and the leafs closest will do the most and starving your plants likely is the reason you see it in these leaves first. If your par meter is inaccurate or your measuring location was inaccurate and par was higher then yes you could have light bleeching. I seen no signs of heat stress so I don't that is the case.

Now are you done humble bragging yet? Sorry but you really rubbed me the wrong way when you felt the need to shit on peoples grows. I'm not going to stoop to that but there is your answer.
complete malarkey

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

complete malarkey
You on tour with Biden or something?

If it's light bleaching then you either gave false info or you don't know how to use your par meter. I guess the meter could be garbage bit any which way. I gave you your answer and now you making yourself look like a real class act. Once again.

Imho I would say you gave false info just to get a taking point on your plants. Every post you make starts asking a question and transfers into how great your plants are. Just take a look at all your post history.

Last edited:
K

kfuller802vt

You on tour with Biden or something?

If it's light bleaching then you either gave false info or you don't know how to use your par meter. I guess the meter could be garbage bit any which way. I gave you your answer and now you making yourself look like a real class act. Once again.

Imho I would say you gave false info just to get a taking point on your plants. Every post you make starts asking a question and transfers into how great your plants are. Just take a look at all your post history.

your mom likes how i post thats all that matters to me, guarantee my flowers are better so dont really need validation from some parapalegic who sits on their fat ass posting on internet forums all day, oops did i say that out loud. guess what im trying to say is maybe you should get off my dick? so back to my original question, will my plant recover from light bleaching during veg and still produce quality buds if i flower ? but oh yeah, you just want to talk about how perturbed you are about my posts again, go suck on someone elses schlong, please and thanks!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

your mom likes how i post thats all that matters to me, guarantee my flowers are better so dont really need validation from some parapalegic who sits on their fat ass posting on internet forums all day, oops did i say that out loud. guess what im trying to say is maybe you should get off my dick? so back to my original question, will my plant recover from light bleaching during veg and still produce quality buds if i flower ? but oh yeah, you just want to talk about how perturbed you are about my posts again, go suck on someone elses schlong, please and thanks!

You are blowing up a thread from 3 years ago. Your plant shown is not light bleached it needs fertilizer. Looks healthy but hungry.

Of course the parts of the plant under more light would yellow more if there isnt enough nutrients abailable.

But light bleaching looks white. Not yellow. Hence the term bleaching.

Why dont you start your own help thread if you want help? Arguing with other members isnt getting you very far.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hahaha first you ask if they could be light burned then say they are and go on to talk about how great your plants are.

They are going to blow up and be great... Then you ask if they will recover.. just a great source of comedy.

Why ask a question if your gonna sit there and answer it in the next sentence?

Hahaha thank you for proving my point. Some people's children... How that saying rings true.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Now take a step back a minute. Your plant is root bound and not light burned. It may be a air pot and root pruning itself but what about all the roots in the middle of the pot? The roots are so thick that water cannot be absorbed effectively and causing deficiencies and possibly PH issues. When you said the side toward the wall was greener and the part under the light yellower, the light intensity on the plant there is not getting enough nutrients and metabolising faster than up take hence a deficiency of macro nutrients.

How to Identify Macro-Nutrient Deficiencies in Cannabis Plants

Melissa Sherrard

A deficiency in a macro-nutrient (an element plants need in large amounts) can manifest in a marijuana plant under poor growing conditions or stress (overwatering, overheating, transplanting, etc.) and it's important that cannabis growers know how to identify different ones. To give you an idea of what to look for, here we talk about how to identify some of the most common macro-nutrient deficiencies in cannabis plants.
  • Calcium (CA)
    A lack of Calcium in cannabis plants prevents flowers from fully developing, weakens their ability to take the heat, and eventually causes the soil to turn too acidic to support healthy root growth. Calcium deficiencies show up in the newest vegetation as stunted or deformed growth, leaf curling or die-off, flimsy or hollow stems, and distorted or discolored leaves.
  • Nitrogen (N)
    You can identify a Nitrogen deficiency in cannabis plants by the red stems that develop and the quick yellowing of the older, lower leaves that spreads upwards. Other symptoms include stunted growth, a pale overall appearance, and leaves that wilt, curl, turn brown, and eventually die.
  • Phosphorous (P)
    You can tell that a marijuana plant had a Phosphorous deficiency by the dark shade of shiny green lower eaves turn and the blue, purple, or bronze spots that appear on them. You'll also see slowed or deformed growth, bright red or purple colored stems, and leaves that curl, thicken and feel stiff before turning brown or yellow and falling off.
  • Potassium (K)
    A cannabis plant with a Potassium deficiency shows symptoms like stretched, spindly growth as well as top and bottom leaves that turn brown. The leaves also exhibit burnt, curling edges with yellowing margins.
  • Sulfur (S)
    You can identify a lack of Sulfur in your cannabis plant apart from other nutrient deficiencies that cause chlorosis (yellowing of leaves) by the fact that it begins at the leaf base rather than the tips. It affects the plant all over (starting with the newest growth), and the underside of leaves may turn pink, red, or orange.
  • Magnesium (MG)
    Signs of a magnesium deficiency start in the middle of cannabis plants and spread to the new growth; the leaves turn light green, yellow, or even white while the edges and veins remain dark green.

PS Those who think they know it all are annoying to those of us who do.

I have never seen a plant root bound. They just need more care more often in little pots. He just isnt feeding it enough and said so.

But now im posting too much in an old thread.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I will have to get a pic of a root bound plant to you in the future. I'm glad we agree on the light /nutrient issue . Have a great afternoon and send this grower a warning about how not to get banned..by hurling insults so freely.

Im not saying they cant use an up-pot. They will grow bigger in a bigger pot if kept vegging. But with more frequent watering/feeding and maintenance a plant can stay healthy in any pot its already in.

I have grown a 3 oz dry plant in a #1 nursery pot (about 3/4 gallon actual volume and many 6-7.5 oz plants in #3 pots (2.4 gallons actual volume). Some even flowered more than 12 weeks in them.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Im not saying they cant use an up-pot. They will grow bigger in a bigger pot if kept vegging. But with more frequent watering/feeding and maintenance a plant can stay healthy in any pot its already in.

I have grown a 3 oz dry plant in a #1 nursery pot (about 3/4 gallon actual volume and many 6-7.5 oz plants in #3 pots (2.4 gallons actual volume). Some even flowered more than 12 weeks in them.
[crawls through med's hat... smells pictures, somewhere... looks like a jonesing, kumar... yup! goes over med's shoulder, like a chimp... starts headin up his ash!]

Latest posts

Top Bottom