How big should my pots be?

• Thread starter ChronicTacos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ChronicTacos

I am vegging indoors and Going outdoors to flower. What size pots should I be using? 15 or 20 Gal? I don't want to waste any soil. Especially when FF costs $15 a bag.

R

Rolln J

you getting them outdoors soon CT? its getting kinda late so you might be ok with a 7 gallon size...

what size are they in now?

C

ChronicTacos

We get sun all year out here. I was hoping to harvest every 2 months. I have a veg room going while the others flower.

Q

Qman

Just curious.

Don't you get 10-12 days (or more, sometimes) of rain down there? do you grow in a greenhouse?

G

gulf island

i think it all depends on the strain, the location, and when u would like to harvest..i notice when i do huge monsters that they take longer to flower but they have fater buds.my pollcat doesnt do very well in a pot but you put her in the ground with lots of root space and lots of light she does really well.but takes a extra week or two to finish then if it was in a pot. but in the ground twice the yield.but with strains like early wonder skunk i grow in pots because they trigger even faster in pots then in the ground because they go root bound.they still give a good yield at 2 to 3 feet they yield about 3 onces in a 2 gallon pot.and about 3 to 4 onces in a 3 gallon pot by july. if they are in the ground they dont finish untell mid september.in september theres more chance of mold but they go completly purple. it is also not good to put a small plant from a small pot directly into a pot that is really big make sure the plant is well rooted for its new pot.

H

HB Dave

I use 5 Gal pots, they are easy to move around and in and out of my tent at night, can also bring them inside if needed. Much more than that is a chore to move them around.

C

ChronicTacos

It don't rain down here very often. I'm in Temecula area. I only plan on flowering for 2 months, since I will be vegging indoors for 1 month. I am using 15 gal buckets with ffos. After harvest I will check the roots to see if there was any root lock. Thank you for responses.

Top Bottom