How can I add CO2 to a 2x2x4?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I know, I know, it's not worth it to use CO2 in a tiny tent like that but is there a way to do it without adding too much or it being too expensive? The problem with normal CO2 bags is that they're made for much bigger tents and are expensive so I've looked into a couple things like growing mushrooms with my plants or making makeshift CO2 bags but nothing seems to be what I want.
I had one idea which I wanted a second opinion on which is buying normal CO2 bags and dividing them up so I only activate 1/4 or 1/8 of it at a time.
Does anyone think that might work for me or have any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

I know, I know, it's not worth it to use CO2 in a tiny tent like that but is there a way to do it without adding too much or it being too expensive? The problem with normal CO2 bags is that they're made for much bigger tents and are expensive so I've looked into a couple things like growing mushrooms with my plants or making makeshift CO2 bags but nothing seems to be what I want.
I had one idea which I wanted a second opinion on which is buying normal CO2 bags and dividing them up so I only activate 1/4 or 1/8 of it at a time.
Does anyone think that might work for me or have any other ideas?
Thanks in advance.
I use to make co2 with dry active yeast baking soda luke warm water and sugar

User132898 pic270711 1263598771
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
would look similar to this picture but i just ran my hose over top of my plants cause co2 is heavier then air with no fan just shake the bottle 2-4 times a day while lights are on
I saw a lot of stuff like this but people who have tested the CO2 levels with and without say there is barely any difference.

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

I saw a lot of stuff like this but people who have tested the CO2 levels with and without say there is barely any difference.
i went from pulling 1 lbs to 1.5 lbs per 1000w hps on a vented system i ran 2 tanks made one week apart cause they only last 2 weeks tops

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

i went from pulling 1 lbs to 1.5 lbs per 1000w hps on a vented system i ran 2 tanks made one week apart cause they only last 2 weeks tops
you gota make it right i don't remember how i used to make mine it was few years ago it should bubble up alot and build lots of pressure when id make it perfect after 2 days id shake it good and id blow the lid off so i had to make sure i didnt shake it to hard

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I use a product from tnb naturals in my tent. They sell packets to replace every couple weeks. Not super cheap but they do add co2.
Spend lots of time with your plants!! And breath the fresh air in. Give your plants natural co2.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
you gota make it right i don't remember how i used to make mine it was few years ago it should bubble up alot and build lots of pressure when id make it perfect after 2 days id shake it good and id blow the lid off so i had to make sure i didnt shake it to hard
Maybe I'll give it a try if I can't find anything else.
What size tent did you use?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I use a product from tnb naturals in my tent. They sell packets to replace every couple weeks. Not super cheap but they do add co2.
Spend lots of time with your plants!! And breath the fresh air in. Give your plants natural co2.
I've seen that but it's made for a much bigger tent. Could I only add 1/2 or 1/4 of the packet? and if so, would that make less CO2 or would it shorten the time it is active for?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Well like a flea passing in the sea .... every little bit helps I mainly use it in veg period I think it helps but it could be my wishful thinking . Od .

PK_Blunt420

PK_Blunt420

Maybe I'll give it a try if I can't find anything else.
What size tent did you use?
I wasnt in a tent i was in a basement i run the yeast and sugar into water befor like the picture i posted and ran the hoses on top of my plants to keep it clean and ran 3 hoses over top of my plants per set up so i had 6 since i ran 2 at a time cause i had 60 of them

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Put the tent in the basement... co2 usually around 800-1200ppm more than enough. Really not worth running u less you have a sealed room or are going to inject the entire room that the tent is in.
It's already there. I think I'm going to order this and see if I need more CO2:

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also co2 at best is gonna increase growth 30% IF you have the lights and environment to do it. Up to 800ppm should show some improvement for almost any grow but how much depends on how well the plants are using the co2. So media, VPD and your growth rates matter a LOT. If you have fast growth to begin with you will see more gains. If ya don't... probably not much. If your not pushing super amounts of light there is no point going over 800ppm

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Also co2 at best is gonna increase growth 30% IF you have the lights and environment to do it. Up to 800ppm should show some improvement for almost any grow but how much depends on how well the plants are using the co2. So media, VPD and your growth rates matter a LOT. If you have fast growth to begin with you will see more gains. If ya don't... probably not much. If your not pushing super amounts of light there is no point going over 800ppm
I need the CO2 because my light is so strong lol. I can always just dim it but I fell like it would be a waste.

Top Bottom