How can I add CO2 to a 2x2x4?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So I should just forget about CO2 this grow? and keep the light dimmed?
Well I would dial in the grow... Temps, humidity, feeding and all of that will likely make the most difference.

IMO and experience co2 will increase growth rates on a % type basis. So if your having issues you will not see the full benefits. I also feel its makes the grow more challenging because when you increase growth rates things go wrong much faster with less time to react.

So imho to see the real benefits of co2 you need to get your grows to the best you can then add it. Then you will see the benefits but at that point it will also change many factors of the grow and you will need to re dial it all in. It gets to be a balancing act. Honestly over 1200 ppm is a waste IMO and I dont feel it will make a lot of difference in how you plan to do it but again I can absolutely be wrong about it... maybe you will benefit but if you can't tell the ppm and how much they are using your just flying blind.

Now in a sealed room its a must in order to adequately deliver co2.

What light are we talking about? And how intense is it?

I also feel of going with co2 then spend the money and do it right... control the ppm and be able to at least monitor it.

No to much co2 is not really an issue.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I’m new here but what all aquaman said
Is pretty textbook. What kind of light did you say you were running?
I dont base knowledge on when a member joined... if I missed an intro thread welcome to the farm.

OP I'm not trying to discourage you by any means. If you wanna give it a go then have at it. Just trying to give you another perspective from someone who uses it. I remember setting up 2 different grow spaces for co2 because I want to run sealed rooms for a few reasons. It sure makes things a lot more difficult and I added co2 because I need to in a sealed room. If your anything like me you will probably give something a try and see for yourself... no harm in that. Just keep expectations realistic is all im saying. Its not the magic bullet.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I dont base knowledge on when a member joined... if I missed an intro thread welcome to the farm.

OP I'm not trying to discourage you by any means. If you wanna give it a go then have at it. Just trying to give you another perspective from someone who uses it. I remember setting up 2 different grow spaces for co2 because I want to run sealed rooms for a few reasons. It sure makes things a lot more difficult and I added co2 because I need to in a sealed room. If your anything like me you will probably give something a try and see for yourself... no harm in that. Just keep expectations realistic is all im saying. Its not the magic bullet.
🙏. Just joined yesterday.
good advice is good advice. 👌
Mr.G

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

I would not feel comfortable enough with these unmonitored biological solutions to use them to let you crank up the light and pull more yield. To shave off a week or two from veg to help with human impatience, sure.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Yeah I’m new here but what all aquaman said
Is pretty textbook. What kind of light did you say you were running?

I'm running an xs2000 (240w of lm301b) in a 2x2x4.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Since growing is a hobby/challenge for me, I'm trying go big (clearly not literally). I'm trying to make it hard on myself so I learn faster and make it fun.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Yep you got enough light but for a 2x2 I don't feel its practical or cost effective.
I don't know if you remembered my blurple vs full spec thread but I ordered 2 xs1500's so I could get good coverage but then sent me 2 xs2000's so I sold one for just under what I payed for both so I got an xs2000 for $45.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Sweet deal.
I was so happy when I opened the box and saw that they were xs2000's. I immediately put the money right back into my grow and got all the stuff I was putting off buying like cal mag and ph up and down...

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Thats awesome, I love when fuck ups actually work in your favor like that instead of the reverse like usual.
Yep, and it's such a sketchy company I don't even care. They clearly lie about their lights' performance and scam all over the place.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
If you guys want to follow along and see how it goes, here is my thread:

Latest posts

Top Bottom