How can I grow without adding nutrients when watering?

• Thread starter Dildo_Shwaggins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dildo_Shwaggins

Dildo_Shwaggins

I'm pretty new to this site and don't really know how to navigate it so if this forum already exist just put a link here and I'll read that! Any way, I'm wanting to grow just using soil and not adding any nutes when watering. If anyone has experience doing this and can give me advice and/or tell me why it's good, why it's not, etc... I mainly want to know if I can add too much compost to my soil. I've heard of some people growing their plants in pretty much nothing but cow shit and having no issues with their plants getting too much nutes. I was mainly going to add coffee grounds (N), eggshells (CA), bone meal (P), finely cut veggies and fruit (fill in the gaps). I like to repurpose my waste but still want to make sure my plants are thriving!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

problem with reporpuse waste ,but if your plan is to bury and vermicompost it wont be ,you will have to put something like bokashi on it before you bury,this takes away all smell and coons and possums dont wreck your day,pure cow shit,yes you can,but rest asure there is a method for using it,first has to be aged just right,then you have to keep it hydrated,then you will still need some other balance to add to it,like soil,both combined and with a mess of worms ,as long as you keep compost in there and active and alive you will have not many issues,if you played your cards right ,by proper soil ,compost ,air along with a microbe and worm colony you want have to water at all,thats what real no till is.
case in point,i took a 12 ft ring and 4 ft tall and layered in ,alfalfa,card board and leaf mold,i add all my scrapes from the house ,no meat at all,along with all my veggie plants when done harvest,if they had any bugs ,they dont go to the compost pile,anyway,about 5 months later i planted a peach tree right dead center of that pile.another 6 months later and watching my greens and browns added,i now have a soil pile from the compost ,the tree is very much alive,the soil food web hgas done wonderful,in 2 years only time i watered that pile was at the begining to get the pile cooking,even adding as i did to this day i have not watered that tree once in a year,i live in a state were triple digit weather is common for 4 months of the year.
if you go to that tree and pile right now and kick some soil it will literaly move ,no shit i have snakes ,worms,benifitul bugs ,birds you name it that visit that pile and tree.
so if you plan ahead and do the same you can grow you buds without work or maintence at all ,just harvest,never pull nothing ,breaks up the colony and all the old roots are a hiway for oxygen and such things.
all it takes to achieve that is equal amounts of browns ,greens,air.
brown ,leaves
green ,cut grass,spent veggies and such,i also use alfalfa
air ,i use kiddie playground wood chips,and bichar
make a nice pile and wet it down ,throw a old section of carpet over it,let it work magic for you
ever now and then or as you add to pile make sure it still moist ,if you can stick your hand in there and feel warmth or even see it steaming first thing in the morning ,you on right track mate
them worms have tons of work to do for you

Top Bottom