How Can I Make Female Seeds?

• Thread starter Guerilla 420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Guerilla 420

Guerilla 420

What is the best way to make a female produce a seed so I can keep this strain alive?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

there's even vids on you tube on how to make the colloidal silver for a few bucks.just google that shit.there's vids on the whole process too.

Monster762

Monster762

Now when you force a female to hermie and pollenated itself aren’t those seeds really prone to hermie? Would pollinating clones of the same plant be more solid as the whole hermie phase never happened to the clones ?
I’m about to probably have to do the same thing. Got a cross I have faith in but only like 10 seeds of it.

Guerilla 420

Guerilla 420

Now when you force a female to hermie and pollenated itself aren’t those seeds really prone to hermie? Would pollinating clones of the same plant be more solid as the whole hermie phase never happened to the clones ?
I’m about to probably have to do the same thing. Got a cross I have faith in but only like 10 seeds of it.
I don't know yet about the stability I imagine it will be pretty unstable but I will deal with that when the time comes. I'm worried about moving to another state and starting from scratch again. That's why I am not looking for clones.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter

Stability depends on the genetics. Normally when you use a chemical to induce hermaphroditism it’s not as bad as if the plant were to hermie on its own in normal circumstances. The added stress pushes it over the edge. However you could certainly end up with hermie prone offspring it just depends on the hardiness and stability of the strain among other circumstances.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The upside is you’ll have a 97% genetic copy in those feminized seeds. So they say. I can’t say for sure but that’s what I’ve read.

Now my question is what if you outcross a selfed seed with another standard male and then backcross it to the mothers siblings. So let’s say you have a pack of 10 ABC seeds and you grow them out. You get 10 females varying slightly. You then cross one female let’s call her ABC1 to DEF male. So now you grow those out and get a male and back cross it to ABC1’s sister ABC2. You grow those out and select another male and backcross it to ABC3 and so on. What is the result of doing that? And is it the same as backcrossing to ABC1 each time. You are going to get slightly different genetics with each sibling however it’s still a form of inline breeding, I think. I just wonder what the ramifications of doing that vs a straight backcross to the original mother.

Top Bottom