How can I make my purples more vibrant? (Panama Red by Growers choice)

• Thread starter mjab702
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mjab702

mjab702

How can i make my purples more vibrant panama red by growers choice

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

You need strong temperature fluctuations between the nights and days. 20 degrees plus. Hot days and cold chilly nights bring out the purple color. If you want to bring out the colors you should lower your A/C during the day so it gets a bit warmer then at night crank your A/C and put a pile of ice-cubes on top of your pot. over the night the ice cold water trickles into the soil and chills the roots. Keep repeating this process once you are close to flush. Hot day followed by chilly iced out night and it should help. There is no additive or special fertilizer that will bring purple out that is entirely genetic and its triggered by temperature the most.

mjab702

mjab702

You need strong temperature fluctuations between the nights and days. 20 degrees plus. Hot days and cold chilly nights bring out the purple color. If you want to bring out the colors you should lower your A/C during the day so it gets a bit warmer then at night crank your A/C and put a pile of ice-cubes on top of your pot. over the night the ice cold water trickles into the soil and chills the roots. Keep repeating this process once you are close to flush. Hot day followed by chilly iced out night and it should help. There is no additive or special fertilizer that will bring purple out that is entirely genetic and its triggered by temperature the most.
Will the temp fluctuations affect the outcome of the plant (potency/ yield)? Ive got my room dialed in like a swiss watch! 78 degrees constant !

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Will the temp fluctuations affect the outcome of the plant (potency/ yield)? Ive got my room dialed in like a swiss watch! 78 degrees constant !
Honestly purple does nothing for potency its entirely cosmetic. If your system is already dialed I would just leave it. Personally I could give a shit less about purple. I mean don't get me wrong if Im looking at the flowers and I want to rate it for beauty and bag appeal then purple flowers are awesome they sell like hotcakes. If its purple then the people in the clinics always gravitate towards it. But the hottest most loud flowers I ever smoked were green. Lime green old school 90s style chronic with a sativa cross and wicked orange hairs.

CannaDana

CannaDana

Yes, it will affect the outcome. The cold temps do a couple things. They slow the growth (but by the time you're doing this there's not much growth left anyway, just ripening). The buds get denser. Yield is slightly affected, downward. Time to harvest is extended a bit. Otherwise, not much difference. There is anecdotal evidence that the low stress of the colder temps increases potency, but I have not found that to be the case. It does produce prettier buds, though. I do it the last two weeks, mostly because I'm bored waiting and just want something to look at.

I agree with Boogie. The changes are only cosmetic, and if you're going for bag appeal it's something you might want to do. Many home growers like to do this, and take some pride in pretty nugs. Commercial growers are more about getting maximum yield in minimum time, and getting the product to market as fast as possible, so they don't tend to do much of this kind of thing. Some purple is just genetic, and if you want purple you might try some of those genetics next time around.

I

Interaxie420

I have been hearing a lot about a product from New Millenium Nutrients -> Winter Frost, this product supposedly brings out the purples and mimicks the effects plant undergo when getting colder. have heard a lot of people with very positive feedback ( i have not used it myself).

J

JenkylClones

Overnight temp below 69 will help bring out color the easiest. There is chemicals that can do it, but this will easily bring out the color if the genetic is prone to it.

Top Bottom