How can I organically raise my ph of my water?

• Thread starter GrimloxK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrimloxK

Hey buds. I want to start feeding today with nutes and I have a problem.

My local tap water has a ph of 6.6

when I added my nutes I now have ph of 4.5

this is quite the dilemma. I know with organics you don't really need to ph because the soil acts as a buffer but I still find this range to be to the extreme.

Anything I can add to my water/nutes to raise the ph up?

All advice is appreciated!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dolomitic lime will do it almost instantly. Baking soda can also do the trick, but be careful with it.

And you're right, that's an extremely low pH. If you have some prilled (pelleted) dolomite lime, just drop a tablespoon or so into the mix, agitate until it's dissolved and take your reading. If that T wasn't enough, add a WEE bit more. Go easy, because if you drive it too high it's going to be next to impossible to get it driven back down.

G

GrimloxK

wow quick responses appreciated...

Heres the thing I have dolomite lime but it's not the powdered version...its the small pebbled version...is that prilled?

I thought dolomite might do the trick but I only added in like 3 small pellets to see if there was gonna be any change.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Dynagrow makes a liquid silicate called Protekt that also raises the PH naturally. That is my go to PH up unless I'm past week 5 in flower. I then use either regular PH up or a natural PH up product I got at the hydro store. It is made by Earth Juice, and its a powder. Super concentrated.

If you are not using a silicate in veg and flower you should. It strengthens stalks and helps plants build a kind of thicker skin which helps protect from harsh environmental conditions and even incect damage.

Protekt is a very good PH up. A little bit makes a big swing upward in PH. Don't follow dosage instructions if you are simply using it as a PH up or your PH will probably end up at like 8 or so. Just add enough to bring your PH to the desired point. Your plants will still benefit fromeven a little bit of Silica.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Try adding a little of the dolomite lime to the water as a buffer before you add the nutes!

G

GrimloxK

I'll def look into that protekt buds...this 4.5 ph is really getting me down though...I knew that there was gonna be a slight dip when adding nutes but I didn't think it was gonna be this big.

GoD I'm actually using the roots organics lineup right now...I actually used 3ml of trinity to add to my water today.

Another question...will Dynagrow protekt affect my organic situation in any way? Idk if it's a synthetic product or not...

sdgrower

sdgrower

Dyna grow isn't organic but its all good for all natural growing

G

GrimloxK

thanks buds...I'll pick that pro-tek up tomorrow.

I tried adding some of the dolomite lime to my gallon and it raised to 5.5 but I had to put in like 1-2 tablespoons.

I guess because it's not powdered it doesn't take affect that quick so you need alot...I hope my calcium and mag levels don't go haywire though.

I just called my local hydro guy and he was trying to sell me on earth juice ph up instead of the pro-tek...any validity to the EJ PH up?

I do like the added benefit of some P in the protekt though...

OGONLY

OGONLY

I have both Earth Juice PH up and Protek. My hydro srore had the Earth Juice on the sale rack for $5. It was a good size bottle of "crystals". I asked the guy why so cheap? He said it wasn't selling and decided to stop carrying it. Its worked well for me. I use it after week 4 of flower. Protek all through veg and up to week 4 of flower for me. Been working very well for me indeed.

T

TheIronLung317

Your natural tap water will have a buffer to raise your Ph back up. If you mix your bytes. Let it bubble for a day and check your Ph the next day, it should go back up. Are you using RO water?

G

GrimloxK

I have both Earth Juice PH up and Protek. My hydro srore had the Earth Juice on the sale rack for $5. It was a good size bottle of "crystals". I asked the guy why so cheap? He said it wasn't selling and decided to stop carrying it. Its worked well for me. I use it after week 4 of flower. Protek all through veg and up to week 4 of flower for me. Been working very well for me indeed.

Nice..but if you don't mind me asking what do you use to ph your water past week 4 of flowering?

Could I use pro-tekt throughout the whole life cycle? even if it's only to ph?

Ironlung...i'm not using RO I just switched to my regular 'ol tap water. It's ph is 6.7. I leave the water out for atleast 36 hours....when you say bubble what do you mean?

OGONLY

OGONLY

Nice..but if you don't mind me asking what do you use to ph your water past week 4 of flowering?

Ironlung...i'm not using RO I just switched to my regular 'ol tap water. It's ph is 6.7. I leave the water out for atleast 36 hours....when you say bubble what do you mean?

You could use Protekt through the whole life cycle without issues I'm sure. Some people say to cut out silicates after week 4 of flower, so I do.

Like I said, after week 4 I use the Earth Juice natural PH up crystals. I just started using it 3 months ago. It works fine. Before I used the AN PH up. Can't say the plants are happier with the natural, they always look happy.

As I said in my previous post, the Earth Juice stuff was only $5 for a liter size bottle of crystals. It was on clearance, but should be cheap enough for the regular price bottle I immagine. I wouldn't know where to find Potassium Bicarbonate by itself.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

He is just saying adding a fish pump with aeration stone or pump for larger water needs to air rate the water and mix everything up

G

GrimloxK

He is just saying adding a fish pump with aeration stone or pump for larger water needs to air rate the water and mix everything up

ah i see. damn am I doing it wrong by not bubbling my tap water?

I love learning new things...haha

OGONLY

OGONLY

Bubbling tap water is a waste in my opinion. I have heard from many reputable sources that bubbling tap water for even 5 days does not in fact remove chlorine nor chloramine.

I do like to pump air into my res using and air pump and air stones before watering as I feel the oxygenated water is appreciated by the plants.

I use R/O water myself and love it. I have a friend who does just fine though with striaght tap water. Many Organic gurus will tell you its not truely organic unless you are using R/O water though.

Top Bottom