How Dark Is Dark On Photos?

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oLd1

oLd1

Thinking of a Photo Grow. Have a Tent. Found if I have my Inline Fan going I have to open one small panel.

This is what bothers me I can put the hole to the wall and have very little light come in.

Ok I know the Tent is to work. How dark is dark on the flip.

And when do you water? When the light is on just don’t get it on the plants?

oLd1

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Make yourself a cardboard light baffle for the flap you want to leave open to minimize light. Conversely you can run ducting through one of your bottom duct ports and cover it w/ pantyhose or furnace filter. As for watering, close to when your lights come on.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Thinking of a Photo Grow. Have a Tent. Found if I have my Inline Fan going I have to open one small panel.

This is what bothers me I can put the hole to the wall and have very little light come in.

Ok I know the Tent is to work. How dark is dark on the flip.

And when do you water? When the light is on just don’t get it on the plants?

oLd1
Hey old ,do what you gotta do , but for peace of mind , I go into the dark room or box at lights out ....I'm not comfortable unless it's completely black to the point where I can't see my hand in front of my face...
If you have even the slightest light leak it can lead to trouble for your grow

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I left all three lower vents open on my 4x4 for my first couple of grows and part of the latest. (Added a powered input duct fan later, so closed those vents).

Two of the vents faced walls, but the third was open. I just tilted a big piece of cardboard that was handy over it, and everything was fine.

oLd1

oLd1

Well it seems one Vent open is ok.

Set the 12 dark to where it is dark out most the time should be ok.

I leave light on in Bathroom across the hall on all night but with Vent next to the wall should be good.

Do what I can and we shall see.

oLd1

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Well it seems one Vent open is ok.

Set the 12 dark to where it is dark out most the time should be ok.

I leave light on in Bathroom across the hall on all night but with Vent next to the wall should be good.

Do what I can and we shall see.

oLd1
Just don't have an excessively bright light shining right into the vent. Also, green lights apparently don't upset the plants at night, in case that helps. But it's easy enough to put something in front of a vent to block a little direct light. Stick a small side table over it.

oLd1

oLd1

I have a Fireplace between Bathroom and Tent it should block light.

Only real light I have at this time is Grown Lights over regular Garden Stuff but they will be gone.

oLd1

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Granted my 2x4 is in an open closet, only has a curtain. But I leave 1 vent open on the side that gets the most light from windows and such. Never close curtain for closet completely and Ive never had a problem

oLd1

oLd1

Granted my 2x4 is in an open closet, only has a curtain. But I leave 1 vent open on the side that gets the most light from windows and such. Never close curtain for closet completely and Ive never had a problem
Thank you this tells me do the best I can and call it good.

oLd1

sambapati

sambapati

Thank you this tells me do the best I can and call it good.

oLd1
Good enuf is also OK. I have light coming in to my room because even with the reinforced drapes it doesn't block out all the light. I'm going to look this weekend at hanging another set over the first set in something attractive (NOT) like black. Still need to be able to open and close the drapes every day and night.

Top Bottom