How deep and wide to dig holes

• Thread starter jediSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jediSD

hey im new to growing outdoors and I wanted to know how wide and deep to dig the holes. thanks

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

hey im new to growing outdoors and I wanted to know how wide and deep to dig the holes. thanks

Welcome to the Site ,

And Maybe a bit more info is needed on plant size er ya goin seed for a more accurate answer .

But till then just be Extra feckin Careful , Because if ya dig too deep they say you'll reach China ,,,

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
18 inches would be about max depth. the huge trees u see people growing are anywere from 100-300 gallons of soil per plant. 18 inches deep x 6 feet wide is 300 gallons.

TortureKill

TortureKill

18 inches would be about max depth. the huge trees u see people growing are anywere from 100-300 gallons of soil per plant. 18 inches deep x 6 feet wide is 300 gallons.

Great info Kid.. Is there a formule you use to determine gallons, from depth x width?

below frigid

below frigid

Smart pots sell the large pots up to i believe 400 gallons down to the little bitty ones. They give dimensions on their sight. I usally go 4 ft wide x 18 inches deep which is a little less than 200 gallons.

B

Bill Bloome

hole size

Been growing out doors for over 20 years.I have found sativas like a bigger hole.2 ft deep and 4 ft diameter.They seem to grow a little deeper tap root and form a root ball slightly larger than the canopy.Give em enough room to spread out and you will be rewarded with better buds.Indicas don't seem to develop the longer tap root but the root ball is about the same.You can dig em 18-24 ins deep with a 4ft diameter and they will do just fine.The bigger the hole the better the plant will grow cause you can treat it with more additives(manure,perlite,bone and blood meal)ENJOY!

Chago124

Chago124

Welcome to the Site ,

And Maybe a bit more info is needed on plant size er ya goin seed for a more accurate answer .

But till then just be Extra feckin Careful , Because if ya dig too deep they say you'll reach China ,,,

Haha! My homeboy's pops use to say that when we were kids...

Top Bottom