How deep can you go?

• Thread starter Sod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sod

Getting ready to transplant some seedlings into their final grow bags. Right now they are in peat pots. On sprout shot up a couple inches above the soil before the first set of leaves. The seedling is sturdy, no problem there. Like a tomato plant, can you plant pot deep enough to take up some of the leggy stem? The internodes are very close together after the first set of leaves. Just strange how leggy the thing is considering the nodes are so close together. Any thoughts one way or the other? Thanks,

SOD

G

Glomus

I would make sure the seedling is getting enough light, sounds like its stretching towards the light, and not transplant yet until its more established.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Getting ready to transplant some seedlings into their final grow bags. Right now they are in peat pots. On sprout shot up a couple inches above the soil before the first set of leaves. The seedling is sturdy, no problem there. Like a tomato plant, can you plant pot deep enough to take up some of the leggy stem? The internodes are very close together after the first set of leaves. Just strange how leggy the thing is considering the nodes are so close together. Any thoughts one way or the other? Thanks,

SOD
Yes you can take up some stem,roots will grow out of it over time,as Glomus mentioned maybe the light was too weak.

S

Sod

I didn't think there would be any harm. Could be just typical of this particular strain to get a "leg up" on competing plants for light. The stem was plenty stout, surprisingly stout considering age of the seedling. Judging by the other seedlings, different strains, the lighting seems to be fine. So I'll bury the little sucker a little deeper in the soil when I transplant. Thanks.

SOD

Latest posts

Top Bottom