how do i get that strong smell and hard bud !

• Thread starter imhotep
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Home grown Smell, taste!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I

imhotep

I hear of people complaining the weed has a homegrown "smell" "Taste". how do i not do the same with my crop. Using bucket hydroponic system:devil

Greyskull

Greyskull

dudes it all starts with your genetics... what are you growing?
You can only dress a turd so much.

edit: you also need to properly dry your finished goods. temps 70-75 rh 40-45 will dry buds in 4-5 days, and it will be ready to smoke.
Of course then you can start curing it and then it will be even better.

L

lloyd323

Buy seeds on this site. That have some great genetics here.

L

lloyd323

for the curing. There is a whole section on this site that covers basic growing info. Click on home and scroll down. Its on the left.

Greyskull

Greyskull

curing involves keeping the dried buds in an airtight container (mason jar for example), and burping (opening the container for 10-15min a pop) them 2-3x per day.

F

Finalopagus

Welcome Home
Keep readin round here and saving money....
You gotta take babysteps first mate.

T

Thick Smoke

what all these guys said is right on!!!

people get that "homegrown" taste cause they dont cure there bud. also putting it in a plastic bag aint no good either.

spend a buncha hours reading threads here and reading the growfaq. you will learn alot and if ya start growing your own you will never go back to purchasing.

D

drpressure600

What seeds give me good genetics

if your not buying them off this website buy them off 'serious seeds' or 'DNA genetics', serious are great seeds to start off with & quality, their mostly females in each pack too, out of 11 seeds you'll probly only get two males . .

p.s, your in good hands to learn with family, you just need to read everything, take care . .

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

when i think of a "homegrown" smell and taste i think of
1. a plant pulled way too early (sometimes a few weeks eaerly)
2. plant that didnt get flushed before it wasd harvested
then 3. the curing process

so work on those and get a lot of light for tight buds

B

Brothers Brand

I hear of people complaining the weed has a homegrown "smell" "Taste". how do i not do the same with my crop. Using bucket hydroponic system:devil

the homegrown smell and taste is the chlorophyll in the plant that has not degraded enough. this is usually due to either drying too quickly or not long enough. dry it for 2 weeks.

the hard buds come from a number of different things, but the biggest factor is light intensity, ie, watts per square foot.

the strong smell comes from a good cure. be careful not to start your cure before your buds are dry enough or they will smell like ammonia. once youve burped the jars for 2 weeks, the real curing begins (if you can wait that is) because after that, you can seal them up and stop opening them daily. do this for anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months, and your weed will smell stronger than anything youve probably bought in your life bro.

F

frankie-smiles

Like they have all said, dry and cure your gear proper, start with good genetics or find a grower who may help ya out with a stinker of a clone. Some plants will smell like hay no matter what you do so clones from a known mother save time and help greatly but depending where you are or who you know may be hard to find. The "pulling plants early" is another thing to avoid, 2 extra weeks makes or breaks alot of strains. If the seed company say's 8 weeks give em 10 lol.

B

boxmunch9

flush flush flush, the more you flush the better it smells 18 days for the best tasting bud on the block, for hard buds more light, cooler temps, the right strain

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

I gotta say, 1st. genetics is where its at.. I have wasted my first year on bunk genetics like bag seeds, fake club clones ext... You gotta start with known cuts or purchase some bomb shit of the farm, hit the FAQ's and you're on your way. Each and every step counts from Germination to Curing. Lighting, ventilation, cleanliness & feeding schedule are very important and if you master tje 4 things you'll have nice tight tasty buds.. PEace

dlovejah

dlovejah

"Yeah right, a rigid schedule?" ... pass the joint!
__________________Give me soil or give me another Joint...d:passingjoint: And oh yah no rigid schedule..lol:weed-sign:

F

frankie-smiles

Gotta agree with arlo's words, my most rock hard budz are the ones grown in organic soil and with bio bizz bloom and some molasses. Not the biggest but dense as fuck and twice as tasty lol. I've had bud that tasted toxic cuz it had been pumped so full of chems it was nasty.
I like the ""Yeah right, a rigid schedule?" ... pass the joint!" type attitude.

I

idol902

I agree with a lot of people on this thread. Flush for sure. I could do a blind fold test and tell the two apart no problem. Also curing gives it that smell of the gods. So be patient and let them sit. Take it easy.

M

MADISM

Another thing ive heard is to leave your plants in darkness for 2 days before you harvest. Also when you harvest make sure its in the dark because once you turn the lights on the chlorophyll becomes active and you will get a harsher taste.

Top Bottom