How do I make sure drip amount is the same for every dripper

• Thread starter budfriend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budfriend

budfriend

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this? Right now i water alot but want to do a coco dtw. I know I could put gph drip emitters on the end of the drippers or maybe get a head that drips x amount but i was wondering if there is another way??? I also know those drip emmiters get clogged easy so that is why I dont want to do it that way.

Thanks for the help if you know.

deep buddy

deep buddy

no emitter's. either t's or dripper stakes. and make a manifold and run your drip lines off of that. to get even flow you need to have a manifold that forms a circuit (ring/square/rectangle) and your feed lines running off the manifold need to all be the same length. you need a decent pump if you make a very large manifold. you can get as complicated as you want or KISS. those points are key to even irrigation.fwiw

dankworth

dankworth

no emitter's. either t's or dripper stakes. and make a manifold and run your drip lines off of that. to get even flow you need to have a manifold that forms a circuit (ring/square/rectangle) and your feed lines running off the manifold need to all be the same length. you need a decent pump if you make a very large manifold. you can get as complicated as you want or KISS. those points are key to even irrigation.fwiw
Fuck I finally finished mine last night. Awesome assessment deep buddy.
I am under the impression that stepping down in tubing diameter at each step equalizes pressure also.
I go from 3/4" to 1/2" to 1/4" in my drip manifold.

K

kushtrees

Ball valve before each drip site so you can adjust each one

Deep buddy is spot on with the manifold that forms a circuit though

pork

pork

i use 3/4 pvc to build a manifold that looks like a capital 'I'...then I use top-hat grommets to run [equal length] 1/4" lines without any T's or barbs...it's a pretty serious amount of flow..and no clogs, as the smallest hole in the system is 1/4"...

use a bigger pump than you probably think if you are trying to hit a lot of sites ( i do 36)..if you are trying to do a whole lot of plants, use separate manifolds and valves to hit each one at a time...check out west coast growers line of drip products...

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this? Right now i water alot but want to do a coco dtw. I know I could put gph drip emitters on the end of the drippers or maybe get a head that drips x amount but i was wondering if there is another way??? I also know those drip emmiters get clogged easy so that is why I dont want to do it that way.

Thanks for the help if you know.

Im working on an irrigation system now. Pretty much everything from Lowes. I found some emitters at 10 gph and they are adjustable. Im running a 4 x 8 table with 18 sites coco dtw. I have an Eco 633 submersible pump but its not big enough so im going to upgrade tomorrow with something closer to 1000 gph. Should do the trick. And Im also going to use a 24 hr programable timer with 1 minute on/offs. I'll let ya know how it turns out.:D

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I ended up with th Ecoplus 1236. i still have the drippers wide open but its better coverage that way. The timer works great. On for 2 minutes twice a day.
Now I might step up to 3/4 inch line for the manifold to see if I get better pressure through the 1/4 inch line. Ive got half now and I think it restricts the flow a little too much. But that will be next round. Im learning!

datDANK

datDANK

system pressure equalizer allows the entire system to reach 7psi before initiating water flow to all sites...

its a round red plastic piece you put before every dripper

Top Bottom