How do I transplant this cannabis seedling?

• Thread starter ClosetClouds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ClosetClouds

I was about to just jump in like a caveman and rip it out, but decided I should make sure that’s a good idea first.

how do I go about safely moving it?

thanks!!

How do i transplant this cannabis seedling
Homesteader

Homesteader

The above helps but if you must, you may want to squeeze the container to loosen the soil then gently scoop it out. Personally I would cradle it between two fingers and give it a shake but that's kinda hard to describe so I'll go with scoop

growsince79

growsince79

The above helps but if you must, you may want to squeeze the container to loosen the soil then gently scoop it out. Personally I would cradle it between two fingers and give it a shake but that's kinda hard to describe so I'll go with scoop
well said

Silk689

Silk689

That’s way too early to remove. Wait at least another week. Its too young for any kind of shock 👍🏽

C

ClosetClouds

Iam sure many many people are guilty of the same thing 😂🙈.. The important thing is that you learnt now. And you never know, she could be a fighter. Stay positive 👊🏽
Lol! That’s the truth! Thank you!! Appreciate it!!!

Homesteader

Homesteader

As long as you didn't snap it, it should be fine. You would know if you killed it

B

buhdda

1str off are they autos or photos? photoperiod plants you can transplant autos it's hell trying , i got a close friend that is a commercial grower but knows how to grow for your own, if they are autos , you could kill them by the shock, guys i known on you tube in person, ALL said autos are not for transplanting , you need to be in the pot for their whole growth cycle, I've seen many trying to transplant autos, end up dying, transplanting are for photoperiods, I have 2 plants that need to transplant to a bigger pot going into flowering , they are monstrous, out growing the 4 x 4 x 8 foot tent , my wife wants them moved to the other bathroom we never use we have 2 full sized bathrooms with only 2 people left, my kids moved out & are their own, not trying to be b**chy, but I was pushed into it b/c of drama, I hear others wanting to improve their gardens but most here are bragging about theirs, so effing what? it's your garden tough s***t , a good work by karma seen watching others like that observant w/e his name was all running his mouth about how good his garden was & BAM THE WORST OF DEFEAT COULDN'T BEEN MORE REAL he had a major blackout that killed his garden , may karma live & prosper for ever

Last edited:
C

ClosetClouds

1str off are they autos or photos? photoperiod plants you can transplant autos it's hell trying , i got a close friend that is a commercial grower but knows how to grow for your own,
I’m actually not sure. I planted it in this container assuming it wouldn’t germinate, I found it in a bag of weed. All my other plants are autos, so I’ve never needed to transplant before, so I just wasn’t sure. Frankly, had I thought it was going to germinate, I’d have just planted it in a 5 gallon to begin with, because transferring autos is not a good idea.

hoping it’s a photo period.

B

buhdda

I’m actually not sure. I planted it in this container assuming it wouldn’t germinate, I found it in a bag of weed. All my other plants are autos, so I’ve never needed to transplant before, so I just wasn’t sure. Frankly, had I thought it was going to germinate, I’d have just planted it in a 5 gallon to begin with, because transferring autos is not a good idea.

hoping it’s a photo period.
you can tell by the week 4 that's when they'll start to change you'll see the hairs popping up on top of the stalks they are fully grown around 12 weeks time, photos that's only veg which I thought mine were from the commercial grower I know told him it's still been 2 months without a sign of flowering , i changed the light cycle from 18 hrs. off & 6 hrs. on , they are starting to bloom , the tops are light green with the hairs popping out of the top , I knew they wasn't autos , my plants are 3 feet tall & now going into flowering, my plants sense the hostility & uses it's anger to become beasts

20220212 112913 2
20220212 112812 1
C

ClosetClouds

you can tell by the week 4 that's when they'll start to change you'll see the hairs popping up on top of the stalks they are fully grown around 12 weeks time, photos that's only veg which I thought mine were from the commercial grower I know told him it's still been 2 months without a sign of flowering , i changed the light cycle from 18 hrs. off & 6 hrs. on , they are starting to bloom , the tops are light green with the hairs popping out of the top , I knew they wasn't autos , my plants are 3 feet tall & now going into flowering, my plants sense the hostility & uses it's anger to become beasts
I love it!!! Thanks for the reply! I’m kind of hoping this one is a photo period so I can have more time to grow it out as a larger plant

B

buhdda

if it was in your weed it's photoperiod, I did that back in my day of 45 yrs ago, if you're new to all this , if you have you tube , check out Derik Gillman, Jay Z from Uptown grow labs, some of them I know personally, they'll help you out, there's growers & commercial growers there, J & a few others, some been growing for decades , now they're commercial farmers supplying those with PTSD, etc. he's a military distributer for military patients, I was leary @ 1st but as I been watching him, some are old school, doing things I used to do back then, can't fix something that's not broke, he's a gem compared to a lot I have run into, in time you will see that as well, the seedlings are fine nothing to worry about till it gets into veg period by in the middle of veg you will need nutrients, it's something I had to get used to with the LEDs, I'm like a lot of older growers stick with HIDs, once you been growing with them you will see the difference, another thing is if you can find it , look for a book by Ed Rosenthal, he's also a gem that helped me back then, he talks in layman's terms you can understand , the version 3 contains training techniques for the plants, ever seen a plant grow sideways without a 2 foot top like a half a foot tall $ 5 feet wide, seen some weird set ups growing them

Last edited:
B

buhdda

I love it!!! Thanks for the reply! I’m kind of hoping this one is a photo period so I can have more time to grow it out as a larger plant
if you got some showing later, I have seen some guys posting pictures etc. then they make fun of it, f that, we are grown adults here, there was a guy that started growing had a little desk looking object that opens from the front & you can place 2 plants in it , it has to be autos b/c photoperiods can't fit , but it was a nice set up for autos, but like I said earlier i have s**t load of photos that I'll be waiting to grow in the spring in my greenhouses, my spouse & her ex I have known for over 20 yrs. lives in a house I own that deals with gardening , I asked if I could put some of my plants in yours he said go for it.. so I'm ready , leaving the autos for the tent that inside the house, I knew a guy that grew his outside, put cameras up & has it set if it catches anything around it it goes to his phone which mine are in green houses can't see inside which will work out perfectly, 1 of the scares of growing outside you smell it it's so distinct you can follow it, it will lead you to it, like Stallone smelling the burgers in Demolition Man , oh yeah, OH YEAH COME ON GUYS LETS FIND IT!

B

buhdda

those plants are 3 months old still got another 3 months of flowering , they're 3 feet now , it'll be around 5.5 feet tall tall by the time they're finished, BE PATIENT! patience is the key

Latest posts

Top Bottom