How do I use happy frog fertilizer?

• Thread starter snyder1171
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

snyder1171

I'm growing tzkittlez and it's a month old and it's already in the vegetation stage. I bought 5 bags of happy frog fertilizer with an NPK of 3 4 3.

I've never used granule fertilizer in my life and I would like to know how I am supposed to apply this to my plants properly.

Winter323

Winter323

Many years ago I used the GH equivalent American Pride Rose Food and Marine Cuisine and I just mixed them in when I made the soil.

2 ft coir bricks
1 ft mushroom compost
.5 ft castings
2 ft perlite/vermiculite
2 cups American Pride + 2 cups Marine cuisine
Microrhizae + cant really remember what else.

This mix came from a mountain grower in Ward who had been messing with the mix for 20 years that I got from a dude at the local hydro shop around 2005.

Now I am sure you could just top dress but its not ideal, as certain parts will break down faster than others, so if you still need to transplant just mix it into the soil otherwise I would probably just go with a mulch layer/ top dress and some liquid full spectrum ferts, or maybe some balancing teas (balancing in terms of what you are lacking).

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

So, Happy Frog makes great stuff, but their fertilizer isn't perfect for weed. Its a time release approach, so its going to just keep feeding whatever mix it has for some time after you apply it. That's great for most plants, but with weed we want to alter the nitrogen profile when we enter flowering. The mixes supplied for cannabis are designed to be immediate release, and they will get used up/flushed out quickly when you change ratios. I use Botanicare Pro veg and bloom, lots of choices out there.

I use their fertilizer in my general garden, and like it fine for that use.

Top Bottom