How do these Seedlings look? (Lots of info)

• Thread starter cj127
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cj127

cj127

Grow details:

Day: 12 from soaked seed, 8 from all coty's opening
Media: 60/40 coco/perlite - rehydrated, rinsed, and buffered with calmag to EC 400 prior to placing rapid rooters after root was exposed.
Lighting: HLG 350R (18/6 - PPFD 240-260, TDI ~ 16.8)
Temp: 68-75 F
Humidity: 55-65%
Water: Reverse osmosis - 0 EC (prior to adding nutes, no chloramines)
Watering schedule: 2x daily, 10.5 hours between to 20% runoff (~ 60ml per seedling bag)
Nutrients (Per gal): 5ml Calmag, 1.25ml Flora Micro, 0.6 ml Flora Grow, 0.6ml Flora Bloom, 2.5ml Diamond Nectar, 2.5ml SM-90, 2.5ml H2O2
(Solution above is then diluted with plain EC 0 RO water to achieve EC target and proper pH- I'll dilute with calmag water in Veg, unless suggested sooner)
Strains: Mandarin Cookies V2, Planet of the Grapes, Bannana Daddy R1

Hey everyone, glad to be here! I did plenty of research before starting this grow, but I lack experience and hope you guys can help out. Off the bat, I was focusing on too many other aspects and a few of them stretched (hence the few toothpicks). I gave them a lot of light to stop the stretching- but I think that caused some damage to the leaves, this was about three days ago. This led me to learn more about actually measuring usable light to give them the optimal amount and bought a quantum sensor to dial the lights in.

Does this look like possible damage caused by light stress or other factors? I also noticed the veins in the leaves beginning to.. change color a bit? I have a very hard time reading the plants after feeding- any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan to transfer them to 1 gallon pots after they grow three nodes, then transfer to 5 gallons once they double in size after that.

Recent watering:

2/22: #1: EC 791, pH 5.8 - #2: EC 862, pH 5.8
2/23: #1: EC 941, pH 5.9 - #2: EC 953, pH 5.8 -> Run off: EC 941
2/24: #1: EC 959, pH 5.9

The run off EC has been pretty close to 1:1 in regards to the inflow. I started the seedlings with EC 400, then gradually increased each event by appx. EC 75. I stopped increasing EC as I began to get paranoid about nutrient burn. Earlier on I was watering with the pH more in the 6.1-6.3 range as I heard it's better for seedlings, but recently lowered it a bit with a new batch of nutes. What do you guys think, back off the nutrients by about 75 EC and increase the pH back to the 6.2 area for the seedlings to absorb calmag easier?

How do these seedlings look  lots of info
How do these seedlings look  lots of info 2
GrimgorzDaBest

GrimgorzDaBest

Looks a little pale to me but a more experienced grower would prolly help you more.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Grow details:

Day: 12 from soaked seed, 8 from all coty's opening
Media: 60/40 coco/perlite - rehydrated, rinsed, and buffered with calmag to EC 400 prior to placing rapid rooters after root was exposed.
Lighting: HLG 350R (18/6 - PPFD 240-260, TDI ~ 16.8)
Temp: 68-75 F
Humidity: 55-65%
Water: Reverse osmosis - 0 EC (prior to adding nutes, no chloramines)
Watering schedule: 2x daily, 10.5 hours between to 20% runoff (~ 60ml per seedling bag)
Nutrients (Per gal): 5ml Calmag, 1.25ml Flora Micro, 0.6 ml Flora Grow, 0.6ml Flora Bloom, 2.5ml Diamond Nectar, 2.5ml SM-90, 2.5ml H2O2
(Solution above is then diluted with plain EC 0 RO water to achieve EC target and proper pH- I'll dilute with calmag water in Veg, unless suggested sooner)
Strains: Mandarin Cookies V2, Planet of the Grapes, Bannana Daddy R1

Hey everyone, glad to be here! I did plenty of research before starting this grow, but I lack experience and hope you guys can help out. Off the bat, I was focusing on too many other aspects and a few of them stretched (hence the few toothpicks). I gave them a lot of light to stop the stretching- but I think that caused some damage to the leaves, this was about three days ago. This led me to learn more about actually measuring usable light to give them the optimal amount and bought a quantum sensor to dial the lights in.

Does this look like possible damage caused by light stress or other factors? I also noticed the veins in the leaves beginning to.. change color a bit? I have a very hard time reading the plants after feeding- any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan to transfer them to 1 gallon pots after they grow three nodes, then transfer to 5 gallons once they double in size after that.

Recent watering:

2/22: #1: EC 791, pH 5.8 - #2: EC 862, pH 5.8
2/23: #1: EC 941, pH 5.9 - #2: EC 953, pH 5.8 -> Run off: EC 941
2/24: #1: EC 959, pH 5.9

The run off EC has been pretty close to 1:1 in regards to the inflow. I started the seedlings with EC 400, then gradually increased each event by appx. EC 75. I stopped increasing EC as I began to get paranoid about nutrient burn. Earlier on I was watering with the pH more in the 6.1-6.3 range as I heard it's better for seedlings, but recently lowered it a bit with a new batch of nutes. What do you guys think, back off the nutrients by about 75 EC and increase the pH back to the 6.2 area for the seedlings to absorb calmag easier?
[/QUOTE
that’s some info..
all a seedling needs until those two small round cotyledons leaves start to yellow and die off, is water, no nutes, maybe a mineral/vitamin feed.
that’s when the seedling has used up the nutrients that the seed provided to start life..
it looks overwatered though your medium looks dry?

cj127

cj127

It’s coco coir, not soil. With this mixture it really isn’t possible to overwater. The runoff shows the media isn’t drying out (good for coco). Plants need a proper EC and pH otherwise water can be sucked out of the plants.

Just curious what other coco growers here feed their seedlings from an EC perspective.

cj127

cj127

It’s coco coir, not soil. With this mixture it really isn’t possible to overwater. The runoff shows the media isn’t drying out (good for coco). Plants need a proper EC and pH otherwise water can be sucked out of the plants.

Just curious what other coco growers here feed their seedlings from an EC perspective.

Ive seen ECs normally used during the seedling stage of 400-1000 (also EC 0.4-1.0). Really just not sure how quickly you increase it. Science says not to increase it or decrease it more than 75-100 EC per day otherwise the sugars in the root zone get thrown off and it hurts the plant.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter

Tap water. 180ppm from the faucet. Until first set of 3prong. Coco does need to stay moist. But don’t need to water till runoff at this stage.
I would say your main concern is too much light intensity.

Top Bottom