How do they look? First time grower they're 8 days from germination just some regular seeds out of some gorilla glue I smoked.

• Thread starter thirdeyeclyde
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

How do they look first time grower theyre 8 days from germination just some regular seeds out

How do they look first time grower theyre 8 days from germination just some regular seeds out  2
How do they look first time grower theyre 8 days from germination just some regular seeds out  3
How do they look first time grower theyre 8 days from germination just some regular seeds out  4
How do they look first time grower theyre 8 days from germination just some regular seeds out  5
How do they look first time grower theyre 8 days from germination just some regular seeds out  6
How do they look first time grower theyre 8 days from germination just some regular seeds out  7
AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

Looks great especially for first time. What kind of soil and or nutes one pic the yellow leaves look a little too "hot". Too much nutrients for that stage I could be wrong maybe others could chime in. Seems like you aren't over watering.

The back two plants are praying properly and the front two maybe are "ducking" from too much light? I could be very wrong just throwing that out there and others can add their opinion.

Great job so far!

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

Looks great especially for first time. What kind of soil and or nutes one pic the yellow leaves look a little too "hot". Too much nutrients for that stage I could be wrong maybe others could chime in. Seems like you aren't over watering.

The back two plants are praying properly and the front two maybe are "ducking" from too much light? I could be very wrong just throwing that out there and others can add their opinion.

Great job so far!
I got some blue bag of miracle gro from home Depot that had coco and perlite it was one that helped with over watering, I put worm castings in and some dirt from outside. So far all the way up until now they have been outdoor plants. I plan on keeping them that way. Other than that I think I fed them once with 1-1-1 the rest of the times have been water. The brand the 1-1-1 was called Dr earths. I put the tiniest bit of hydrogen peroxide in that mix idk why. Heard it helps give oxygen? So should I give the front two a shady day and the back two the same sun they've been getting? Thanks btw!!!

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

Great job so far!
Also I heard that worm castings helped a lot with nutrient burn and other things, would it help if I put more or could that be the problem? They are also worm castings from Walmart. I have the same mix in the solo cups I just didn't have anymore solos so I had to plant that one with the nutrient burn in a 2 gallon pot. Maybe that could be it also?

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

I got some blue bag of miracle gro from home Depot that had coco and perlite it was one that helped with over watering, I put worm castings in and some dirt from outside. So far all the way up until now they have been outdoor plants. I plan on keeping them that way. Other than that I think I fed them once with 1-1-1 the rest of the times have been water. The brand the 1-1-1 was called Dr earths. I put the tiniest bit of hydrogen peroxide in that mix idk why. Heard it helps give oxygen? So should I give the front two a shady day and the back two the same sun they've been getting? Thanks btw!!!
Outside eh, interesting maybe I was wrong about the light but sometimes if a plant cant handle light there could be something else, I wouldnt feed them anymore until they maybe double in size.

Perhaps the roots are drying out, how often do you water and how dry does it get.

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

Outside eh, interesting maybe I was wrong about the light but sometimes if a plant cant handle light there could be something else, I wouldnt feed them anymore until they maybe double in size.

Perhaps the roots are drying out, how often do you water and how dry does it get.
I've only watered so far twice the first time on the stem with the diluted nutrient water and the second time around the outside of the cup. I'd say it gets pretty dry kind of quick like every 3 days but once I notice it's not moist when I stick my finger in the soil I'll run water around the outside again I definitely try to watch how much I water though maybe I'm even too careful this time because the last time before this I drowned all of my seedlings by this point. It also took my last attempt a month to get this big. I am watching watering them also because it's supposed to rain for the next 3 days. And also about that should I just keep them covered somewhere safe so they don't get wet?

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

I just went outside to check on them and the yellow is nearly gone and those leaves grew quite a nice bit just in the past couple hours! I'll post a picture tomorrow however because it is dark now and my phone is too low to use the flash rn maybe I'll charge it and take a picture TN!

AlexGrowns

AlexGrowns

I just went outside to check on them and the yellow is nearly gone and those leaves grew quite a nice bit just in the past couple hours! I'll post a picture tomorrow however because it is dark now and my phone is too low to use the flash rn maybe I'll charge it and take a picture TN!
Great to hear, might be good to water by feel of weight instead of days in a solo cup. I hear ya its hard to both not overwater and not underwater haha They look like they want to take off, maybe a double solo cup or wrap something around to keep the roots from being fried. I'm not 100% that there even is a big issue but ive seen that before on some of my own grows, im sure they will be all praying soon and have fast growth.

The more I look at your pics the more I think im being too picky lol they look great! But the front two look a little .. something probably go away but if it gets worse u can catch it early if its even anything.

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

I accidentally got the stem a tiny bit but the soil was a little dry earlier since it is bigger than the solo cups so I added a little to that one. Same one with the burn earlier that's starting to go away.

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

Great to hear, might be good to water by feel of weight instead of days in a solo cup. I hear ya its hard to both not overwater and not underwater haha They look like they want to take off, maybe a double solo cup or wrap something around to keep the roots from being fried. I'm not 100% that there even is a big issue but ive seen that before on some of my own grows, im sure they will be all praying soon and have fast growth.

The more I look at your pics the more I think im being too picky lol they look great! But the front two look a little .. something probably go away but if it gets worse u can catch it early if its even anything.
I do need to figure out that problem though maybe the holes in the bottom of my cups are too big I'll definitely get on it in the morning!

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

I’m also a new grower, but it could be sun burn if you’re leaving water on the leaves, the ducking could also be from the weight of the water on the young stem. Try watering at night and not running it over the leaves maybe.

JohnBlazr

JohnBlazr

They look good tho man, Check out how my first grow is going, if you get the chance. I’m not too far ahead of you.

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

They look good tho man, Check out how my first grow is going, if you get the chance. I’m not too far ahead of you.
I'm gonna check it out rn! And I haven't gotten any water on the leaves I have barely gotten it on the stem unless it runs down the soil towards it. I'm gonna try to give them a shade day tomorrow instead of direct sun and see how it goes!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I've only watered so far twice the first time on the stem with the diluted nutrient water and the second time around the outside of the cup. I'd say it gets pretty dry kind of quick like every 3 days but once I notice it's not moist when I stick my finger in the soil I'll run water around the outside again I definitely try to watch how much I water though maybe I'm even too careful this time because the last time before this I drowned all of my seedlings by this point. It also took my last attempt a month to get this big. I am watching watering them also because it's supposed to rain for the next 3 days. And also about that should I just keep them covered somewhere safe so they don't get wet?
It does look like you're just drizzling a small amount of water around the top when you do water. They're too young and delicate to let things get and stay that dry yet, and if the sun beats down on them........and young roots don't like dry spots......Give them enough water to thoroughly moisten the soil in the cup, all the way down.......water around the rim, slowly, don't try to get the stem wet, but give them more water each time you do.

I don't know where you are, how hot and dry it gets, but in the Northern hemisphere, we're only 2 weeks away from summer which means peak sun. The sun is just as strong now as it is on about July 7th. Seedlings don't need to get blasted with maximum sun, there will be time for that. Maybe move them into a shady area during the peak midday sun, just for a couplle of weeks. When the sun beats down on anything dark, soil, the solo cups themselves.......it can get hot.

So far, based on these pictures, they do look healthy. It'll be good to see them transplanted and taking off. :)

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

Today I'm leaving them on my porch that is shaded it gets the perfect sun after peak hours so it's not too much. I'm gonna see if they do any better, I've read a few posts on here about shade time with the sun and certain hours to put them out when the sun starts to go down along with your comment about moving them during peak hours. I will be doing that today also and give them some more water thoroughly.
It's supposed to rain tomorrow through Sunday night where I'm at.
Any advice on how to work my way around that?
Prevention of over watering from the rain?
I have them in a container right now with a brick in the middle so wind and everything doesn't blow them. How about the sun if it doesn't come out much these next couple days will they be okay? And I am in north PA. I just moved from Colorado so the weather is quite different from there.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
My brother uses that soil in Riverside. He loves it. Grow 7 foot plants in 15 gallon bags. But his buds are kind of airy at the end. I think from all the nitrogen in the soil. And he doesn’t feed them. So I would be inclined to not fertilize them at all, in hopes that they use up all the nitrogen by mid flower. That stuff has a lot of fertilizer already in it. Just something to consider. Good luck! His main adversary is caterpillars later on. Hope you don’t have to deal with them! That can get ugly! Lol!

thirdeyeclyde

thirdeyeclyde

My brother uses that soil in Riverside. He loves it. Grow 7 foot plants in 15 gallon bags. But his buds are kind of airy at the end. I think from all the nitrogen in the soil. And he doesn’t feed them. So I would be inclined to not fertilize them at all, in hopes that they use up all the nitrogen by mid flower. That stuff has a lot of fertilizer already in it. Just something to consider. Good luck! His main adversary is caterpillars later on. Hope you don’t have to deal with them! That can get ugly! Lol!
I'll definitely watch out for that. I watered it down when I first got it and let it dry out for a few days before I used it. They're all gorilla glue and I plan on putting them in 5 gallon home Depot buckets. So maybe when I move to the bigger buckets I will choose some different soils and stuff to mix in!

Latest posts

Top Bottom