How do we fix this mess?

• Thread starter hubcap
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hubcap

hubcap

im watching our lovely congress debate over who fucked up worse, pertaining to the economy,
......... just biding my time to watch mr libby (CEO of Arrogance Insolance Greed) squirm in his chair today.
apparently leaders of the once giant financial firm will be on capitol hill today to TRY and explain and or justify giving over $160M in bonuses to people who are directly responsible for the collapse of world financial institutions.

in short, id like to hear some educated opinions on what can we do to fix this mess.

-humor is always welcome, but, at least sound educated.

lol

gimme your thoughts

hubcap

hubcap

legalization, yes, would make a HUGE dent in the US national deficit.

this simply cannot be denied, i purely agree.....

N

Nuglover

I say a good public flogging for every greedy ass suit involved is in order. My personal views are actually much, much harsher but I'm trying to be civilized here.

hubcap

hubcap

i, honestly, truly believe, that if this "restructuring" or "bailout" or what have you, DOESNT work, and revive the current world economic situation, we could very well be witnessing the start of the next american uprising.

dont fools yourselfs into thinking americans are too passive for that to happen.
theres two things that you dont fuck with being americans.

-americans' families
-americans' personal financial gains, gained thru hard work and honest living.

N

Nuglover

i, honestly, truly believe, that if this "restructuring" or "bailout" or what have you, DOESNT work, and revive the current world economic situation, we could very well be witnessing the start of the next american uprising.

dont fools yourselfs into thinking americans are too passive for that to happen.
theres two things that you dont fuck with being americans.

-americans' families
-americans' personal financial gains, gained thru hard work and honest living.

True and as someone on another thread pointed out...most of us are armed, and some of us heavily. :)

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
In all honesty, i don't think this situation can be "fixed." We as humans, or more appropriately americans, have this underlying view that we can fix anything. The economy is just like the stock market, you'll have ups and downs no matter what you do. I think all we're doing with this bullshit bailout is prolonging the recession and what seems to be the inevitable depression. Throwing money at something isn't going to magically break a cycle. I love how this country is so "broke" but yet we're throwing BILLIONS around. How the fuck does spending money we don't have, fix a problem that NEEDS to exist and can't be prevented? Sucks to say it, but there has to be low and high points in the economy.

O

OldRookie

The entire system needs to be overhauled. Obviously when you use "Reganomics" trickledown effect things don't trickle far enough down before there is nothing left.
The SEC is a joke and just about as responsible for the current situation, as are the banks, and major companies. Imagine that a commission of rich people who use the loopholes to gain, in charge of the way we regulate our financial well being....lol Seems about as good as having a Texas Oilman in office, and we can't figure out why gas got to $5.00 a gallon. IMO
Rook

mace

mace

To be honest, a crisis of confidence of a massive issue. There is no clear way out of this, and many of the long standing houses of cards are beginning to fall.

There have been estimates that the bubble is 10-60 trillion. Depends on who you ask, but i think if i remember correctly we've only unwound about 4-6 trillion of it, and look how much everyone is hurting already.
We built enough houses for 15 years of supply and we're in a bad way. I think that it will eventually come down to some sort of confiscation of the homes, something massive. Some massive program to get people in houses for cheap. It's easier to take a small loss on a property then it is to take a complete loss on it, including the actual home from being left to the elements .

mace

mace

but if you're speaking specifically to the AIG mess, how we fix it is to finally start rooting through these issues and start charging people with crimes.

I love Obama, but fuck this nonsense of moving on and only looking forward, i don't want to look forward to a land with no peaceful,legal means of recourse against illegal actions.
The confidence will not come back to the government until it starts to look into their own closet and root out this mess.

tricky

tricky

what would happen if you made a huge fk up at work !
ah thats right you would get a huge bonus wouldn't ya !!

i think not :fubar

D

Dagga

have liddy and friends stand in a firing line first!
one shot one ceo!

C

cway

At this point the only way to fix this is a complete overhaul of the Financial System, Federal Reserve Banking System and the IRS, Political Campaign Contributions System, Federal Justice Department and Criminal Justice System and do away with the Notion that we are a Christian Influenced Nation.. NO RELIGION IN POLITICS

But in reality, the only way is a Revolution, of young Intelectual People, with no hidden agendas..to take back their goverment.. and rule for the Common Man

F

FastForward

I'd set a Banker SuperTax up and retrospectively claw back the billions those greedy cunts took, and slap the top boys in jail. And then legalise weed, and tax that too. I'd like to see the deficit then...

S

snakeman

Premium Member
Supporter
close down the unconstitutional federal reserve and end the fraudulent IRS and take back the power to create the money and the illusion will be over! "give me the power to create and control the money supply and i care not who makes the laws" mayer de rothschild 17th century.

R

Rural_GrowOp

At the risk of some people disagreeing with me AIG did nothing wrong. I am very political and have been following the bailouts and supposed stimulus very carefully and doing all my homework on these.

First when the original bail out plan was set up and contracts were signed the gov't new full well that this was the intention of AIG. In fact the documents were given to the gov't stating that these bonuses were going to be pasyed before congress drew up the contract. While it may be unethical for them to use the money this way the gov't was aware of it and ok'd it. What we are seeing now with obama acting mad and all the hoopla is a big show. The Gov't should have had it written in the original contract what could and couldn't be done with the bailout money.

I'm not saying that I agree with what they did but by law they were entitled to do it. Just goes to show how well the gov't structured the contracts concerning our money. But I do believe that a contract is binding and the gov't has no right to try to change it after being signed.

G

greyfx

At this point the only way to fix this is a complete overhaul of the Financial System, Federal Reserve Banking System and the IRS, Political Campaign Contributions System, Federal Justice Department and Criminal Justice System and do away with the Notion that we are a Christian Influenced Nation.. NO RELIGION IN POLITICS

But in reality, the only way is a Revolution, of young Intelectual People, with no hidden agendas..to take back their goverment.. and rule for the Common Man

Hell yes, keep preaching. If our government continues to oppress us, then we will eventually rise up... Enough is enough. Our politicians are corrupt, its family members after family members are getting the same political position of the one before them. It happens right in front of our eyes, yet we do nothing. Police kill someone, we let it slide they get suspended permanently, then miraculously get hired back two weeks later. Police Chiefs go before councils that recommend resignation but are still in power. We have politicians who don't practice what they preach, they have no respect for selfless public service like our forefathers did.

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

??

FIX??= No Greed.= New Greedless drug sprayed into ozone by jet planes above the world...

makes everyone ungreedy.. .and you will give..give..give..oh..they aready did this?? cuz we are still letting the goverment take..take ..take.

my favorite is huge drug companies treating new diesese's that they made and introduced into the world...they sell you a temporary fix...NEVER A CURE!

OH...SORRY we killed your pets with melomine....its just a better batch ...youve been eating it for 10 years in your fast food bread...i.e...diabetties type 2 induced modified WHEAT GLUITEN laced with melomine to increase the protien count!!:mad0233:

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
The entire system needs to be overhauled. Obviously when you use "Reganomics" trickledown effect things don't trickle far enough down before there is nothing left.
The SEC is a joke and just about as responsible for the current situation, as are the banks, and major companies. Imagine that a commission of rich people who use the loopholes to gain, in charge of the way we regulate our financial well being....lol Seems about as good as having a Texas Oilman in office, and we can't figure out why gas got to $5.00 a gallon. IMO
Rook

No shit man, if you look at the list of NYSE shareholders, you will see AIG, Merryl Lynch, etc. they are all there :cool0041:

H

herby

At the risk of some people disagreeing with me AIG did nothing wrong.

They did nothing wrong? Ahhh how about they bundled up the derivitives in the first place and then sold insurance on them. Hey its a great investment you cant lose right? Yup thats how they sold it and all the pension funds that bought into them thought for sure they were safe and secure. Only problem was as the derivitives began to unwind it came out that they really didnt have any money set aside to cover these insurance claims. Now the taxpayers need to bail them out. I'd say they did everything wrong IMO.

As to how to fix this? Very simple, return to the constitution 100%. Ok maybe without the slavery but certainly to include who could and could not vote. Does it really make sense that those who contribute nothing to the system can vote in politicians that will give them everything?

Our founding fathers had it right and this country was a beacon of freedom until the federal reserve and IRS came along.

This will only come about through a revolution and Jefferson once said that the tree of liberty must be watered in blood from time to time. (Not the exacxt quote but close) Even he knew back then as most of them did, that eventually the central government would get too large. They were brilliant men who studied history. They put thier families and fortunes on the line and were considered traitors to england, all over a 3% tax. Now look at the American sheep paying upwards of 50% of all thier money to some form of taxation.

Unfortunately I also believe that the corporations have taken over America. In addition to that you have too many living off the system to want any chgange in it. almost 30million on food stamps, 1/3 of the population working for some form of government either state, federal or local. Then you have the welfare recipients and those on SS getting medicade and medicare as well. Do these people really want change? Do these people really want to fend for themselves? Obviously they dont and because of that you would not just be fighting the government but every recipient of some form of socialized payment.

Top Bottom