How do YOU bring in equipment and get rid of your garbage? How do YOU stay stealth?

• Thread starter PDX420Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

I live in the city and even tho I have my med card, I dont like my neighbors to know what I do.
I bring in my lights and equipment in boxes and and everything else in grocery bags. That way it can be done in plain veiw without worry, but getting rid of my used soil, dead leaves and grow related trash has been a huge PIA.
I have to wait to an hour before the trash is picked up, then drive my GR garbage a few blocks away to put it in an apt dumpster. I'd just throw it in my apt's trash cans, but theres WAY TOO MANY tweekers running around my hood, going thru the garbages,(and everything else) at 5am. Im not tryin to slip up and let em find out about my spot, so its been the only way.
What do YOU fellow farmers do to stay under the radar? If its related to growing and its stealthy, lets hear it.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I'm in the same situation. I realized the consequences of growing in a heavily populated area is, if you wanna be stealth about it, then your gonna have to deal with driving your waste to another location.

hiboy

hiboy

rockwool and the coco matts are the biggest pain i have of getting rid of. My homie is a general contractor so we normally glad bag them and throw them in his trailer he takes to the dump. One time he got pulled over,, took a pic of the cop in his mirror. All was kewl though.
h

S

Sasha

Take it to the city dump as green waste it costs half as much as a reg dump fee.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

I'm in the same situation. I realized the consequences of growing in a heavily populated area is, if you wanna be stealth about it, then your gonna have to deal with driving your waste to another location.

Sucks but has to be done. Until I figure something else out.

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Take all trimmings, soil, nute bottles and drive 16 miles away and dump into friends dumpster with 50 unit apt building and shared trash. dump late at night the night before the trash truck comes the next day or morning. always dump any trash right before pick up in somebody elses trash, altrernate locations. Bringing in bags or supplies, done at night or i drive the van right into the building through the garage. Also use to mix up cuttings with cat and dog shit and dump at other location.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Definitely take stuff in/out at night as much as possible and no grow trash goes in my garbage ever, too many un-monitored dumpsters around me.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Amazing to live inside of a redwood national forest with undergrowth, creeks, lush greenery everywhere. I can just walk out in my backyard and dump all soil and trimmings over the fence down a lil hill into a creek and lush under forest growth. I always bring my equip in when my room mates are NOT home and its dark out. Remote locations make for the easiest clean up. I can compost most of my dead stuff (soil, trimmings) into the redwood forest floor! and when I do throw things away Im not worried, I know all my neighbors, and there aren't many people who live close on the road. If anything does go in the garbage its night before at 3am and at the bottom of the can in BLACK plastic bags tied up. Double bagged usually.

How do I stay under the radar? Well I've made friends with my neighbors whom are all way older than myself and my room mates, they like us and even help us out with firewood during the winter. All my relationships around the house are pristine. Not unfriendly, but not friendly enough to where they think they could knock and come in for some tea. : )

Hopin to get a carbon filter, but doesnt really matter anyways, the whole forest seems so musty, and moist, all other smells fall by the wayside. Even when the inside of the house smells like straight FIRE, cant smell shit walking up, too many distracting smells.

Good location, good relationships to maintain good status with the people close to you. My advice.

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

If I told you how I did it, it wouldn't be stealthy anymore... Az

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Take all trimmings, soil, nute bottles and drive 16 miles away and dump into friends dumpster with 50 unit apt building and shared trash. dump late at night the night before the trash truck comes the next day or morning. always dump any trash right before pick up in somebody elses trash, altrernate locations. Bringing in bags or supplies, done at night or i drive the van right into the building through the garage. Also use to mix up cuttings with cat and dog shit and dump at other location.
This is pretty much what I do except the 16 miles. I drive less then 16 blocks.

Definitely take stuff in/out at night as much as possible and no grow trash goes in my garbage ever, too many un-monitored dumpsters around me.
I usually take my sh!t in during the day. In front of everyone. They just dont know what they're seeing.;)

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

If I told you how I did it, it wouldn't be stealthy anymore... Az
You sly devil. Ruined my master plan! :doh

"I got worms." I have one of these and it gets rid of the green waste quickly. It's kinda cool too.QUOTE]
Sounds cool. How long would it take to decompose a 5 gallon bucket? How many worms would it take? I bet 495 gallons would take forever. (Not my amount to get rid of. Tho I wish)

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Thats hella cool. I love the woods in the summer. Been too long.

Yup...Love it. :sun

Makes it easy to dispose of...well everything..natural decomp all around you....450 miles of dense redwood forest and mountain bike trails....one could get "lost" for miles....:sun

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

Yup...Love it. :sun

Makes it easy to dispose of...well everything..natural decomp all around you....450 miles of dense redwood forest and mountain bike trails....one could get "lost" for miles....:sun
Man, I'd try to explore every mile of it. I'd definitely have a few gardens here and there:harvest:

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I live in the woods also,but no redwoods. I never dump any green waste ,I just compost it and reuse it.There isn`t anyone around me for miles.

J

JAHGYDI

i live next to a goat farm. goats will eat anything. soil i reuse in my outdoor plants. nute bottles go in the trash.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Man, I'd try to explore every mile of it. I'd definitely have a few gardens here and there:harvest:

Have explored, and its pretty vast. But most of it is covered by DH mountain bike trails, making the places cool for a lil garden almost 10+ miles up and away from all the bikers usually routes.

But all my green waste, soil, run off nutes, almost everything that can be put back into the forest does.

My backyard one FAT compost pile. :sun Over the back fence that is...

Top Bottom