How do you dry in high humidity area?

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
As the title says, I currently have 4 plants drying and I'm out of room in my dry box, I should have done something earlier but,,,,,,,,I didn;t now I have 4 more large plants to dry and I,m out of idea's... It doesn't help that I'm @100% here. I have a few very large bud plants I'd hate to see ruined because of this,,,,,,any idea's other than another dehue?
How do you dry in high humidity area

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Dehumidifiers or Damp Rid or both.

BTW, stoner + Damp Rid + time = calcium chloride solution spilling where you don't want it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

BTW, stoner + Damp Rid + time = calcium chloride solution spilling where you don't want it.
Damp rid,,,,I've never heard of it.......cheaper than another dehue.....looks like Wally World has some $22 for a 10.6OZ tub.....Tks I needed that...I have a closet I can use but without a dehue or something its mold city.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Damp rid,,,,I've never heard of it.......cheaper than another dehue.....looks like Wally World has some $22 for a 10.6OZ tub.....Tks I needed that...I have a closet I can use but without a dehue or something its mold city.
Okay I found it locally and I bought 3 small tubs $25 , I've one in my drying box along with a small dehu and the others I'm putting in the closet....thanks for the tip...news to me.

strider26554

strider26554

loooooook, I live in steamy hot wv, and without at least oone room with ac i would not be able to dry/ cure my crop.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Well after having one full tub in my drying box overnight along with a small dehu its 77% RH in my box this am...the shit hasn't done a thing, no water in the bottom of the tub same crystals looking back at me as fresh as when I put them in. Fk I need a fix real soon I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy another dehu...like now...FK

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Agree with the AC. Same thing happened to me last October so I move them into a bedroom with a window air conditioner. Got the temp and the humidity down around 60. Works good.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Agree with the AC. Same thing happened to me last October so I move them into a bedroom with a window air conditioner. Got the temp and the humidity down around 60. Works good.
My temperature is okay a bit warm but 64f isn't bad....its just the 100% humidity, I've just located another dehu used for $100 I'm going to see it this aft. if it works I'll buy it...

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
The newer ACs have a dehumidifier setting on them. The one I had last year didn’t have that but But worked ok. it quit cooling in November so I replaced it this spring. Has its own dehumidify mode. Haven’t checked to see how well it works, but you can get some pretty cheap ACs with that feature. The Midea aCs are actually rated pretty good. Five or 6000 BTUs for 150 ballpark for the analog Models. Probably a lot more Canadian.

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

I am in the same boat, I recently moved and had to set up in a basement, which i havent seen hit less then 75% rh. Just about to hit four weeks in flower, ive got to do something quick as well! Any suggestions on a dehumidifier brand or size?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The newer ACs have a dehumidifier setting on them. The one I had last year didn’t have that but But worked ok. it quit cooling in November so I replaced it this spring. Has its own dehumidify mode. Haven’t checked to see how well it works, but you can get some pretty cheap ACs with that feature. The Midea aCs are actually rated pretty good. Five or 6000 BTUs for 150 ballpark for the analog Models. Probably a lot more Canadian.
Ya like $329 15%

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Some times the simple things are overlooked: when you go to dry remove the buds instead of leaving them on stems with branches with leaves (do NOT hang the full plant)🤙

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I am in the same boat, I recently moved and had to set up in a basement, which i havent seen hit less then 75% rh. Just about to hit four weeks in flower, ive got to do something quick as well! Any suggestions on a dehumidifier brand or size?
My 30 pint Danby works well in my flower room, we're at 100% outside but its holding at 82f @ 50% in my basement flower room. Its pulling out at least 6 gallons of water a day.......Its trying to dry I'm having a problem with I have a real small dehu that usually works but in 100% its useless, the Crystals haven't helped, I'm on my way out for another dehu, can afford an air con at the moment and its a one off I screwed up my timing on flowering I should be done by now.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Some times the simple things are overlooked: when you go to dry remove the buds instead of leaving them on stems with branches with leaves (do NOT hang the full plant)🤙
I grow pretty big plants, I cut the branches off and hang them clean,

This is one branch of a Jam/Pup/Haze, It came off this over done girl

100 8001
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, if you need a portable one then they are very pricey. Always remember that if you get super desperate, the inside of a refrigerator is pretty low humidity. Maybe into a paper bag then into there can buy you some time. It’s easy. Just empty all your wife’s stuff out onto the counter and throw in your weed.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah, if you need a portable one then they are very pricey. Always remember that if you get super desperate, the inside of a refrigerator is pretty low humidity. Maybe into a paper bag then into there can buy you some time. It’s easy. Just empty all your wife’s stuff out onto the counter and throw in your weed.
I bought another dehu, $100 used 1 year old 30 pint.....a better model than my 2 year old Danby, I'll put it in my oil tank room its cool in there but 100% rh I'll run it overnight before I put any girls in there to dry

Top Bottom