How do You guys feel about vegging with 1k'S?

• Thread starter jasongood31
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jasongood31

jasongood31

I would deeply appreciate if someone could point out pro's and con's for me.. I have done this before a little But I have mostly used t8's an t5's....:pimp:

dankworth

dankworth

Only cons are total heat(less btus with digital ballasts) and electrical expense.
And maybe finding a spot on a lighting controller or something.

No downside.
Your plants never stall
They just rage.
Keep your reflector up against the ceiling
Clones just above the floor
You can give them shade(the cloning tray)
Whatever, they root hella quick for me.
Veg all quick

You need to get plants into the flowering room that have momentum. That are used to getting inputs and doing work.

I seriously could go on about this.

It eliminated all of my veg problems.

1k mh per 4k canopy is about right.

Try to fill up an 8k room all at once and you will want to have had 2k available for the veg.

Performance vs cost, right now I like digilux 1k mh.
$55 at plantlightinghydroponics is the cheapest I have found them.
Let us know if you see them cheaper elsewhere.

If you are a straight up baller you can veg with the hortilux blue mh.

Less total veg time needed with a 1k veg light. Badass roots. Badass stalk.

If you are thinking of pro balling, you musts rocks 1ks in vegs.

Lots of tricks to vegging even faster
EWC teas with alfalfa, humic, kelp, fish hydrolysate, bennies, molasses
Costs next to nothing when you stop getting ripped off at the hydro store.

Dip n grow like in the rooting with iba thread with the iba and the naa(naptha-acetic acid or something)
People will be like "what's in dip n grow again? IBA and what?"
And you will be like "Naa, son."
Who wants to pay for roots xcel when we know better.

Foliar! Jalisco Kid stated that he had an alleged bitch of a light-sensitive bubba that would not go for other people, but he foliar'ed it regularly and it took over. Apparently a great way to optimize the potential of your 1k mh veg light.

If you cannot keep your canopy temp in check, then all the benefit of the light will be lost. They will just sit there and hate you for the heat and stretch and be pissed.

Dimmable ballasts are good for this.
Co2 is fun too if you can help it. Keep your 1k veg tent where it will get your co2 from the couch, stoner.

You get to make fun of your friends that do not have a 1k veg light all night. It is so fun.
Like when your buddy is all
"Dude! I lost my job!"
And you can be like
"And you don't have a 1k veg light, bitch. What are you going to do now?"

That is the only way to treat a real friend.

You can do 24 hours of light, I do because of heat management.
Some here recommend 20 hour days. Mine liked the 20 hour days better.

If you try to veg in a reflector without glass your humidity will be too low and they will veg too slow.

Read up on vpd. It makes more of a difference than co2 for speed of veg growth. If you could veg at 65-70%rh your plants would grow hella fast.

If necessary you could use a flipbox opposite a flowering 1k so you could veg with 12 hrs of 1k light, then maintain the photoperiod you wanted with a fluorescent.

Cort

Cort

+1
You would do well to listen to guys like Dank.

Im just a noob but I veg with the diy t8 array in the closet to get them rooted and start training. When the girls are harvested and hung back in the tent I start doing the more stressful toppings and make my 1st cull.

Week later, the day my tent is empty, final cull, transplant into final pots and start cooking under the 1k. 1 to 1 1/2 weeks in the tent and they have momentum and are filled out, ready to flip.

Dunno if what I do is right, but it seems to work for me so far. Will look into getting my humidity up. f'n deserts are dry.

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Dankworth knows his stuff for sure but DUDE!!

You never should make fun of your friends like that, especially one who has just lost his job and does not have a 1K light nor plans or means to get one in the future! That is just SO wrong on SO MANY levels!! But more importantly it is WEAK AS HELL!! Why you did not talk about his mother as well is beyond me!!

You had the PERFECT chance to really SLAY him and let him have it since he already lost his job and especially since he does not have a 1K light for veg, but you blew it and stopped there. No mention of a crack whore mom or nothing at all huh? Im sorry I just expect more from you, your capable of more and you know it!

Try harder next time Dank plz....LOL!! J/K

Damn, it wont let me rep you, I must spread it around first.

+1 Rep

I

ibTheMan

8 bulb T-5's veg then 1000w Sunpulse veg for 5 to 7 days, flip um under the sunpulse for the first week, then 1000w HPS, works well.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

If you can afford to keep the room cool with 1k mh in veg, then go for it. No replacement for displacement! I notice much more vigorous growth when using 600w mh then when I use HO T5. Not even close.

S

Sasha

Only cons are total heat(less btus with digital ballasts) and electrical expense.

No downside.
Your plants never stall
They just rage.
Veg all quick

You need to get plants into the flowering room that have momentum. That are used to getting inputs and doing work.

Try to fill up an 8k room all at once and you will want to have had 2k available for the veg.

Dip n grow like in the rooting with iba thread with the iba and the naa(naptha-acetic acid or something)

Foliar! Jalisco Kid stated that he had an alleged bitch of a light-sensitive bubba that would not go for other people, but he foliar'ed it regularly and it took over. Apparently a great way to optimize the potential of your 1k mh veg light.

If you cannot keep your canopy temp in check, then all the benefit of the light will be lost. They will just sit there and hate you for the heat and stretch and be pissed.

Co2 is fun too if you can help it. Keep your 1k veg tent where it will get your co2 from the couch, stoner.

You get to make fun of your friends that do not have a 1k veg light all night. It is so fun.
"Dude! I lost my job!"
And you can be like

If you try to veg in a reflector without glass your humidity will be too low and they will veg too slow.

Read up on vpd. It makes more of a difference than co2 for speed of veg growth. If you could veg at 65-70%rh your plants would grow hella fast.

If necessary you could use a flipbox opposite a flowering 1k so you could veg with 12 hrs of 1k light, then maintain the photoperiod you wanted with a fluorescent.

+1 nigga...check your pm in a min

jasongood31

jasongood31

Keeping my room cool is soo easy i sometimes have to turn on the heater lol... I had a little "weekend at bernies" when I had my 1k about 24"inches away I raised it and it was all good after.. @dankworth You recomend raising the 1k all the way to the roof? 2k can veg for 8k worth of cannopy huh? is there any downside to vegg with the hps bulb? I have some super light sensative "lake of fire og's" tahoe X fire, them and my fire og's are the only ones that had any light burn, idk maybe its a fire thing.... how cold is too cold for vegg?? how long does it take you to get a 40 clone mother??? i have heard 4 weeks but it has always seemed to take me closer to 6 or 7 lol... Thank you to all farmers who shed light!!!

dankworth

dankworth

I do keep mine at the roof. My ceiling is like 7'5". I use a super sun 2. It directs a lot of light downwards instead of to the side. Thus my placement.
I veg at 75-80 depending.
It depends on the hps lamp. With stretchers like OGs I would prefer to veg with MH myself. If you are not broke right now pick up a digilux 1k mh. You will see what I am talking about. Your plants will most likely be even happier with mh.
I do moms in coco mixes, I have to trim her all the time, don't know how long to grow one that puts out 40, I have not wrote things down on the calendar for years now.
Foliar might fix your fire og's balking at that much light.
Don't veg under 75 degrees if you can help it.
Buy a 15.00 infrared temp gun from harbor freight, use it to temp your canopy. You will learn all kinds of things with this tool.

Edit- I do in fact root clones on the floor with the light from the 1k mh.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
2k veggin

No downside.
Your plants never stall
They just rage.
Veg all quick

been using 2k mh for veg for the last 4 years and wont look back

"Dude! I lost my job!"
And you can be like

been using 2k mh for veg for the last 4 years and wont look back :cool0019:

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

nor cal and dank,are you running any t5s at all or just straight MH?If you already have cooling i dont see any energy savings running t5s,2-8 bulb t5 badboys(2.5a at 240 or 5a at 120) use basically the same energy as 1-1k mh(4.5a at 240)Correct?

purpleberry

purpleberry

I wish i could ditch all my t5s but summer is coming so that wont happen. lol
Ive had issues with going from t5 to hps, So im vegging under dimmed 1000w ushio MH bulds right now. I started with clones going right under them after they rooted and they pretty much hated it for the first 2 weeks, werent really growing but roots were. Once they came out of it they look nice and strong. Im hoping the jump to the flower room will go smooth. If it does, I may have to set up veg with 1000w lights no matter what it takes.
Do you think it mush better to have the mothers under 1000w mh also? Im thinking the clones will be stronger and do better also, maybe the reason my plants took 2 weeks to get going.

Latest posts

Top Bottom