How Do You Identify The Factors Caused Foxtailing?

ViparSpectra

Supporter
We learn to know that foxtailing is usually cuased by heat or light stress, or genetics. Any other factors? And how do you identify which factor make the foxtailing on your strains, especially when you are not familar with the strain and cannot ensure it has potential foxtails?

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

foxtailing caused by light stress isn't good, light burn and bleaching also comes to mind. where plant has been too close to light for too long. foxtailing caused by genetics isn't too bad if it adds to increased yield i'd say its a good thing.

ViparSpectra

Supporter
foxtailing caused by light stress isn't good, light burn and bleaching also comes to mind. where plant has been too close to light for too long. foxtailing caused by genetics isn't too bad if it adds to increased yield i'd say its a good thing.
Thanks for your sharing! Yes, so we need to set the light and use time properly when planting.

growsince79

growsince79

Foxtailing from light is good because you can fix it. Genetic foxtailing is bad, because who wants more stems? just sayin.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Foxtailing from light is good because you can fix it. Genetic foxtailing is bad, because who wants more stems? just sayin.
i'm referring to foxtailing, calyx growing on top of other calyx i was only saying its not too bad cause you can increase yield, aware that some foxtailing sucks but not all
10CDE3F4 463D 4FCA 9E93 DE67C33F9EAC

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

Jadin's Journey just completed a study he conducted on "foxtails" in a grow of his or two. Reach out to him for his perspective. SSgrower

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

So your saying I cant even criticize the man typing on that account? Like did he even proof read his shit? To stay on topic without bashing anyone, that kindof comment pushes me away from their brand, and im sure im not the only one. I guess we dont like the truth around here, so since im not good at sugar coating the truth, and dont put up with anyones bs, you might as well ban me. I will not be tip toeing around anyone anywhere. Either yall can handle the truth or you cant.
So again, whomever is controlling the account that posts, tell them to proof read. Point your frustrations elsewhere, they fall short with me.
Any other factors? And how do you identify which factor make the foxtailing on your strains, especially when you are not familar with the strain and cannot ensure it has potential foxtails?

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Foxtailing can be caused either by genetics or stress. If you're growing outdoors, any foxtailing is almost always due to genetics. Some strains of cannabis are simply more prone to developing foxtails. Indoors, however, foxtailing can be caused by light stress during the flowering phase.

Do you agree with that? Welcome to leave your comment.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

A former breeder I used to buy seeds from referred to foxtailing due to getting too close to the light as "tassling," and actual foxtailing was a genetic tendency. I don't know if his terms are wide spread.

ViparSpectra

Supporter
A former breeder I used to buy seeds from referred to foxtailing due to getting too close to the light as "tassling," and actual foxtailing was a genetic tendency. I don't know if his terms are wide spread.
Yeah, Indeed, many people believe that Fox Tailing is genetic. Just wanted to discuss more possibilities. 👍

Top Bottom