How do you lower Night Time Humidity

• Thread starter Nukesrt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I'm in the same boat a bit in a 2x4x6ft tent, I was wondering if a few of those dehumidity bags that you use for cars that you microwave for 30 seconds when saturated could help, obviously I would need to stick them in fresh every night but it is only a 2 minute job.
I also got an extra fan and an intake fan so hopefully it will help (only arrives today)
Where I live is by the sea and humidity can fluctuate between 45% and 85% so it is impossible to control in a small tent full of plants that changes the humidity themselves as well.

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

I'm in the same boat a bit in a 2x4x6ft tent, I was wondering if a few of those dehumidity bags that you use for cars that you microwave for 30 seconds when saturated could help, obviously I would need to stick them in fresh every night but it is only a 2 minute job.
I also got an extra fan and an intake fan so hopefully it will help (only arrives today)
Where I live is by the sea and humidity can fluctuate between 45% and 85% so it is impossible to control in a small tent full of plants that changes the humidity themselves as well.
hmmmm, packets? wouldnt you need a lot of those though? i have an intake fan and exhaust and fans inside as well so theres enough circulation but i still get high humidity at night, especially after watering.. was wondering if maybe putting more fans for more circulation? i know theres someone in these forums that have the solution

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I seem to have a fair bit higher humidity below canopy level that above which probably makes sense because of the canvas pots and the watering, my idea with the bags would be to try and use 3 or 4 below canopy level to *assist* a bit as they wouldn't be as good as a dehumidifier, they only cost under a fiver each and works fine in my old car to remove night time humidity

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

I’d say crank up the inline fan, and open the passive air vents at the bottom if they aren’t already
inline is at max and exhaust is too but with filter.. unfortunately the passive air vents is not an option because of the delicious smell.. ive tried messing with the speeds a few times and as you can see in the chart, it fluctuated pretty high and im in week 2. i need to figure this out asap. lol 🤪🤯

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

I seem to have a fair bit higher humidity below canopy level that above which probably makes sense because of the canvas pots and the watering, my idea with the bags would be to try and use 3 or 4 below canopy level to *assist* a bit as they wouldn't be as good as a dehumidifier, they only cost under a fiver each and works fine in my old car to remove night time humidity
are you talking about like the small silica gel packets? or is there a specific one youre talking about..

Madmax

Madmax

I set my inkbird to an % and plug the extraction fan into it through lights off.you could run your lights through the night ..you get more humidity through the night compared to during the day..when its cold here i cant get it lower than 61% at times..i do have a dehuey but not running it yet as ive only 2 plants in room ..the dehuey is 200watts but once i run more girls will b using it...so your exhaust cant lower the humidity of the night..

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
What size pots are you using? I had the same problem until I realized that the volume of wet meduim in the tent was just too much compared to the total cu ft of the tent. It was something crazy like 25% of the volume. No amount of ventilation was going to help. Now that I've drastically reduced the amount of medium and never water too late in the day, rh is way more manageable.

Also, let's not forget that humidity is relative to temp so we will always see an increase at lights out when the temps drop no matter what.

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

What size pots are you using? I had the same problem until I realized that the volume of wet meduim in the tent was just too much compared to the total cu ft of the tent. It was something crazy like 25% of the volume. No amount of ventilation was going to help. Now that I've drastically reduced the amount of medium and never water too late in the day, rh is way more manageable.

Also, let's not forget that humidity is relative to temp so we will always see an increase at lights out when the temps drop no matter what.
i have (2) 3 gallon pots in a 2x2x4 tent

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
The one I have in the car is similar to this one, I paid under a tenner though

growsince79

growsince79

Make sure the exhaust blows out of the house, not just into the room. Run the fans and exhaust all night.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Water in the first few hrs of lights on to allow plants to uptake more before lights out.

Increase air exchange.

Lower humidity of the room the tent is in with a dehuey. No lime bags and cheapos don't work.

Reduce the temp drop or slow it down at night with a heater in the room your tent is in. Humidity is relative to temperature ergo RH (Relative Humidity)

Combination of these work well and controlls help a lot

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

Water in the first few hrs of lights on to allow plants to uptake more before lights out.

Increase air exchange.

Lower humidity of the room the tent is in with a dehuey. No lime bags and cheapos don't work.

Reduce the temp drop or slow it down at night with a heater in the room your tent is in. Humidity is relative to temperature ergo RH (Relative Humidity)

Combination of these work well and controlls help a lot
is this good temp / rh for day 14 flower night time?

C3F24F01 443B 41DB B453 1410FD84E8C9
Top Bottom