How do you safely supplement Co2, if I'm growing in my house I live in?

• Thread starter Kylesidious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kylesidious

Kylesidious

When i grew at the commercial facility, we supplemented additional Co2, and I want to be able to benefit from adding Co2 to my grow tent. What I'm worried about is it harming my family in my home. Right now I've got one bedroom as a dedicated grow room. Inside the grow room I only have a 2x4x6 grow tent, but I'm about to add a 10 x 5 grow tent and a flood and drain setup using grodan rockwool cubes. My flood table will be a 4x8 table and my reservoir is 40 gallons. I'll be using 4 x SF1000 LED lights for that space as well.

I am also wondering, if I'm not going above 1000 PAR then will I benefit from adding the Co2 or should I only be adding Co2 if I'm going above that range? Cost is not an issue for me, ultimately my goal is to make this as automated as I can.

MrGood

MrGood

When i grew at the commercial facility, we supplemented additional Co2, and I want to be able to benefit from adding Co2 to my grow tent. What I'm worried about is it harming my family in my home. Right now I've got one bedroom as a dedicated grow room. Inside the grow room I only have a 2x4x6 grow tent, but I'm about to add a 10 x 5 grow tent and a flood and drain setup using grodan rockwool cubes. My flood table will be a 4x8 table and my reservoir is 40 gallons. I'll be using 4 x SF1000 LED lights for that space as well.

I am also wondering, if I'm not going above 1000 PAR then will I benefit from adding the Co2 or should I only be adding Co2 if I'm going above that range? Cost is not an issue for me, ultimately my goal is to make this as automated as I can.
A safe way to bring co2 into the home without harming the Fam is by using an exhale365 bag. It’s an all natural co2 product that last for about 9 months and you can amend it back into your soil after it’s done its job. My apologies but I can only answer half of your question I’m not that up to speed on par and co2 requirements

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I just made a thread asking something like this. If you aren't going above 1000ppfd and you have multiple people living in your house then you'll be fine without supplemental CO2 especially if the grow is in the basement or first floor.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
A safe way to bring co2 into the home without harming the Fam is by using an exhale365 bag. It’s an all natural co2 product that last for about 9 months and you can amend it back into your soil after it’s done its job. My apologies but I can only answer half of your question I’m not that up to speed on par and co2 requirements
Those are good but there's no need.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think you and your family would be fine altough I assume you are were planning on using bottled gas. Try a run without the gas and go from there. Just monitor the room without using any gas and see what your levels are at. Check it the first few weeks in flower to get the highest uptake. If your room drops to 350 ppm, you probably could use it on the next one.

Homesteader

Homesteader

You will probably find that as you dial in your grow, you will want co2 otherwise it will cost you yield or quality at some level. liebig's law kind of thing
C99b5f550617703676c5f882fb1fa88b

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

I just made a thread asking something like this. If you aren't going above 1000ppfd and you have multiple people living in your house then you'll be fine without supplemental CO2 especially if the grow is in the basement or first floor.
Yeah I was actually just about to delete this thread because I just went and read every single comment on your thread haha. I only have a single story home and I've got 5 people who live here including me. None of the other people come into this room but it's well vented.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Just weatherstrip the room as best you can and fill any cracks in the sheetrock to avoid losing any gas. Most of your loss will probably be the door.
personally I would just set up a good intake and forget the gas for now

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Just weatherstrip the room as best you can and fill any cracks in the sheetrock to avoid losing any gas. Most of your loss will probably be the door.
I think he want's the opposite because he wants the CO2 from his family.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Like @gorillaglueaaron mentioned, I think I want to just use the natural Co2 from the house since I've got close to 5 people in the house at all times. Just out of curiosity, what if I set up an intake from the window to the grow tent and then expel the air from the tent back outside the same window with a different vent?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Like @gorillaglueaaron mentioned, I think I want to just use the natural Co2 from the house since I've got close to 5 people in the house at all times. Just out of curiosity, what if I set up an intake from the window to the grow tent and then expel the air from the tent back outside the same window with a different vent?
In that case I don't think you'll get the CO2 from your house. Why not intake from the rest of your house and either exhaust to your house or outside?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
You want your CO2 ppm to be about 90% of your ppfd so 400 ppm will allow you to utilized 450 ppfd. If you want 1000ppfd, you'll need 900 ppm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom