how do you spot early signs of light stress?

• Thread starter mannitu68
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mannitu68

Hello,
few days ago i got problems with my old light, i couldnt get it higher. So i took the chance to build me a DIY light with more efficiency and one that can be hung only 2-3 inches from the tentroof. My plants grew very long in flower, its 4 weeks in flower now and they are only 2-3 inches below the panel in some cases. The light surface is very large so there are no real hotspots. I dont have a PARmeter but i can indirectly see the intensity, because theyre emptying the water in the pots faster than before. I already bindet many of them down in a 90 degree angle, otherwise they would have touched the panel. The light also cant be moved higher, its almost at the roof (160cm) Its only 2 or 3 days now since they finally stopped shooting. Allthough i dont see any burnt leaves, im a little bit worried. I dont want to dim the light down, because there are buds much lower in the canopy that also want light.
How do you spot early signs of light stress
How do you spot early signs of light stress 2
How do you spot early signs of light stress 3

Last edited:
M

mannitu68

6xQB288 Boards with LM281B+ on an ELG-240-48AB. Some people feel provoked if you call them Quantum Board because theyre not originally from HLG. But what is a Quantum Board other than a LED-Modul anyway.
DSCI2609

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If the plants look good keep on trucking… you have a lot of diodes at low wattage and that means they can be run very close. Unless you see issues id carry on

M

mannitu68

yeah i designed it the way that i can get extra efficiency by getting close...i never thought it will only be 2-3 inches though. Those fucks grew over 0.5 meter in 3 weeks. Theres 1 plant that has a bright orange spot on it, it looks like somebody painted the ceiling orange and a drop landed on a leave. very weird. Its one thats close to the light. Its only 1 flower and i dont have pic right now, can make tommorrow.

right now its pulling 190 watt at 70x70.

M

mannitu68

here the spots i was talking about...is this light stress? Its only this one as far as i can see. Its also relatively small compared to the other buds, less size.
DSCI2645 min

Last edited:
Top Bottom