How Do You Use Aloe For Your Gals?

• Thread starter bankcee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bankcee

bankcee

I've read great thing using this along with coconut water for cloning purposes? but what about all the vitamins and minerals and aminos and all the good stuff this little magical plant contains?

it seems like it should be in everyone's regiment as a watering? seems like it promote rapid growth as well as keeping plants praying and happy.

questions is if I wanted to start using this with my watering schedule, how would I do it? every watering? every other? once a month? and at what rates?

shemshemet

shemshemet

I use fresh aloe....cut a 2"x3" ish piece of leaf. Cut the sides off. Rip one side of leaf off the gel. Scrape the gel into my blender. Mix with some water, yucca extract, sometimes castings. Dilute to 3-5 gallons...

My method is not very exact. Trying to take advantage of the saponins so my peat absorbs the water nicely.

D

darfkader

I use fresh aloe....cut a 2"x3" ish piece of leaf. Cut the sides off. Rip one side of leaf off the gel. Scrape the gel into my blender. Mix with some water, yucca extract, sometimes castings. Dilute to 3-5 gallons...

My method is not very exact. Trying to take advantage of the saponins so my peat absorbs the water nicely.

Thank you for replying!

I mixed up about an oz of fresh scraped gel and blended with about half a gal of water then took 1/4 cup of that and mixed with 1 gal of RO water and added 1 tps of humus. Slight perk within a few hours but there's a lot of damage to undo. I'm thinking of adding a little kelp to that mix and alternating that with aspirin every other day.Any thoughts?
Dealing with a variety of issues... Broad mites, and over cloning to name a few....

shemshemet

shemshemet

Nutrition is never going to be your answer to broad mites......

Eradication is your only option. If you have any strains you need then you must quarantine them and figure you won't grow that strain for ~3 months.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Anymore tricks for getting super dry peat bases to absorb water evenly?

shemshemet

shemshemet

Yucca extract is great, warmer water (not too warm though), water slowly (especially watering periodically throughout the day), water from the bottom (fill saucer with water).

And most importantly: MULCH.

Using a mulch (hay, spent leaves, etc) will greatly help with water retention in your pots.

Use a small pump sprayer to wet the mulch every day. BUT don't let the top moist layer fool you that your entire pot is wet! Water regularly even using the mulch spraying technique!

Top Bottom