How Do You Veg In The Current Culture?

• Thread starter Mids4lyfe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mids4lyfe

Just wondering how does everyone veg in their CC system? Veg/flower in the same buckets? Veg in separate systems? Rockwool? Etc?

Toph420

Toph420

I clone/start seeds in my turbo cloner, transplant for veg into my 37 gal Home Depot storage tote dwc setup (with cch20 5.5" net pots) and then I transfer them to my 8gal buckets in the flower tent.

I just got the veg setup recently and haven't really had it for a full run but it seems to work fine with the 2 mothers I put in it..

I only use growstones for media..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Uou take the net pot out of the Uc system and set them in a 4x4 flood table.
Put your clones in on top of the inverted cone.
And fill in around with grow stones.
Run flood 15 mins every 2 hours..
You can put a piece of reflective Styrofoam over the table with slits cut for plants to delete any light making down to the netpots..

You got to ask these questions of UC users...
Most these cats dont even know what a UC is and u will just get general advice...
Good luck homie..
Btw cch20 sells a UC pro thats set up for vegging but buying your oen table is cheaper and its bigger to fit all your netpots..
How many buckets you running?
Which system you have?

Toph420

Toph420

here are pretty much the only pics i have of my veg tent setup..

IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2882.jpg

This was what inspired me to make it..
Screen_Shot_2017-09-18_at_1.54.05_PM.png

Dan789

Dan789

@Toph420 are those 17 gallon or the 27 gallon variety containers? Reason being I'm headed that same path and would like to do something similar.

Toph420

Toph420

It's the 27 gal, you might be able to get 8x 5.5" net pots to fit in the 17 gal though.. my goal was to get 11x net pots in the lid but they didn't fit by like 1/4-1/2"... @Dan789

H

Highatollah

I go from cloner to net pots on a flood table just because I feel my lights are way too high for a baby. Use a CMH grow bulb over a 4x4. I bought some extra pots and usually run at least 4 more clones than I need so I'm not forced to use a straggler.

Run flood 3x a day for 10 mins...
Really? I flood for 15 minutes every 2 hours.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I go from cloner to net pots on a flood table just because I feel my lights are way too high for a baby. Use a CMH grow bulb over a 4x4. I bought some extra pots and usually run at least 4 more clones than I need so I'm not forced to use a straggler.

Really? I flood for 15 minutes every 2 hours.
U know what?
Im gonna agree with you!
X what I said.
The last time i used the table was with coco in fabric pots.
3x a day was fine with that media.
Hydroton would be way different,
and you would want to water 15 mins at every couple hours!
I was very wrong with that 3x a day..

Glad you caught my error!

M

Mids4lyfe

I'm running 2 of the ucdb24xl13 systems so it's a total of 48 13 gallon buckets. Right now we're vegging in rockwool and then transfering into the buckets to flower. I'm like the idea of just setting the netpots on a flood table though. Seems way easier. Any other info or tips on vegging in the net pots on a flood table would be greatly appreciated.

YooperGrower

YooperGrower

Thinking of going to a flood table myself for vegging. After I would put the clones in the cc net pots and in the flood table, do I also fill the flood table up with stones or leave it empty? I feel this is a straight forward queation but I just want to be certain.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thinking of going to a flood table myself for vegging. After I would put the clones in the cc net pots and in the flood table, do I also fill the flood table up with stones or leave it empty? I feel this is a straight forward queation but I just want to be certain.
Leave it empty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom