How do you water a buttload of plants?

• Thread starter CannaDana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaDana

CannaDana

What setup and method do you use for watering/feeding if you have a bunch of plants in areas you can't reach?

For myself, I currently have 18 plants growing, and obviously cannot reach them all in a large tent. I chose the following system, which I created for my last grow. I'm looking for a better or more efficient method.

I have a 100 gal. food grade container for water.

1641412504630.png

Water is then pumped into another open mixing container where nutes are added and the concoction pH balanced...

1641413345442.png

The finished water/nute mixture is then sprayed onto each plant by pump, with a standard telescoping garden wand attached to a hose.
1641413043034.png

This works well enough, though it is a bit cumbersome. It allows me to store 100 gal. of water, and either water the plants plain, or feed with a customized nute mixture. This was a DIY project by me, a first-timer, so I'm sure I could have designed this mo bettah.

What is your method for feeding/watering from several to many plants that you can't move and can't reach, and which may take 20 gallons of water or more at a time? Share your wisdom for me and anyone else trying to figure this out.

supadoopa2

supadoopa2

I love the wand setup. I used to use it a lot. Recently I set up blumat’s for my living soil grow. Took most of my work always from me although I just run plain water through them. Still use the 55 gallon drum and wand to feed in some add ins once a week

CannaDana

CannaDana

I love the wand setup. I used to use it a lot. Recently I set up blumat’s for my living soil grow. Took most of my work always from me although I just run plain water through them. Still use the 55 gallon drum and wand to feed in some add ins once a week

I'd be very interested to learn about your Blumat setup. I would love to have an automatic watering/feeding system, especially one that waters each plant based on its needs, and doesn't require hook-up to the water main but can be done from containers.

I should mention I'm growing in soil, not hydroponically.

Last edited:
supadoopa2

supadoopa2

It’s really awesome gravity feed from my Rez. Haven’t used it with nutes but I’m sure if using with synthetics shouldn’t be an issue. My buddy was using with organic nutes and had some issues with clogging.

Observationist

Observationist

A little pricey but this weighs plants run off and feeds accordingly,

this might not work for all you’re plants I’m not sure but I just thought it was really cool

I’m sure there’s other similar systems.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I just use either a drum or 5 gallon buckets with a 400gph laguna submersible pump with a wand and 6 foot hosing. The 400gph is so I get 40-50psi and a nice spread of water through the head when I timed it's about 30-40 second to empty 5 gallons

CannaDana

CannaDana

A little pricey but this weighs plants run off and feeds accordingly,

this might not work for all you’re plants I’m not sure but I just thought it was really cool

I’m sure there’s other similar systems.

Looks very interesting. I'm growing in soil, so I'm not sure that works for me, as it says it's for a hydroponic system, but I'll research it.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

With the system I have with the wand I made a raised platform with a commercial x tray and have a high point in 1 corner about 4" in height and gradually slops to 1 corner and I have another sub pump sucking that water out to waste 😎

Observationist

Observationist

A simple drip irrigation system will work

maybe

Maybe do drip irrigation for the plants in the back/can’t get to

then do something like what @AlfaDog said with the wand for the more accessible ones

Top Bottom