How does beneficial fungi work with Rockwool

• Thread starter JaneSupreme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JaneSupreme

JaneSupreme

Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone has experience with using any type of beneficial fungi in Rockwool cubes?

1) Does Rockwool allow for proper inoculation of the fungi?

2) Which beneficial (if any) is the best to use with Rockwool?

3) If there is a beneficial fungi that is more suited to using with Rockwool, how would it react to IPM sprays with stuff like Eco-protector, Azamax, Eco-oil etc?

I know that organic soil is obviously the best option when it comes to taking the beneficial fungi route, but that isn’t an option at the moment.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jane

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Ipm use it as a foliar. As for the beneficial bacteria use it as well mix in with feed. I use It once sometimes twice a week depending on the week.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Better stick to the ones that are specifically formulated for hydro, mainly because you dont want to hit the cubes with nothing organic,sugary, carbs etc...majority of inoculant for soil have bunch of crap in it...
As far as mycorizzae i doubt about his efficacy or necessity in hydro given the fact that those fungi do not tolerate high level of P and go dormant....but you can find some formula for hydro too
A good ally (bacteria) for sure is the Bacillus amyloliquefaciens and you can find it for hydro...

Latest posts

Top Bottom