how does my training/manifold look?

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

4 pink lemonade seeds. ones kind of a runt. trying 4 different things on each plant,

1 will be left alone.

2. will be topped. cut it at 5th node already

3. will be manifold, cut it at 4th node and trimmed everything below the 3rd.

4 will be LST and bent then done a 360 circle around the pot.

how do they look so far? any tips or suggestions?

thanks.

Juggalgro

Juggalgro

Why only train a few and leave the one normal? Gonna mess up your canopy isn't it?

CF89

CF89

possibly will. this is only my 2nd grow, and my dads moving through the middle of it so the tent will need to be moved and stuff anyways. this isnt too serious of a grow. more so just for learning.. hence the 4 different styles. id like to document all 4 and weigh the 4 at the end and let the yield numbers speak for themselves as to which technique is the best. I may like one technique more than the other. kinda leaning towards manifold as my favorite so far.

I need a suggestion on the 4th.. the runt. not too sure what to do. leave it normal to see what doing no training or trimming does or try/practice a training technique on it.

whats the max times I should top a plant? ive topped it at the 5th node once so far. can I top those 2 new growths at some point into 4? then into 8, etc?

GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

I would definitely consider training them all, if your canopy is uneven you can't drop your light down without bleaching the top of the tallest plant.
You will be sacrificing yeild and potency on the shorter trained plants.

As far as topping, top as much as you like, you can veg for months to maximize structure and yeild.

As for the lst, I would try not to pin the main stalks aginst the dirt, the moisture from the soil can cause mildew and mild issues when the stems are stuck down to them.

Looks like you have a fun grow going man

Cheers

CF89

CF89

good point. I realized that yesterday that the stem probably shouldnt be touching the dirt. will change that today. thanks!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom