How far apart should I place my two kingbrite LED 240w

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
New grower here and ordered 2x 240watt kingbrite led. My grow space is 2 by 8 ft 6in. The footprint of my lights are 2ft by 4ft. So that leaves 6 inch of uncovered area. So I’ve thought of 3 ways to hang my lights. Any and all input is appreciated!

1. Hang my lights so the 2 by 4 footprint meet exactly at the middle. Leaving 3 inches on each end of my grow space.

2. Hang lights to cover the 2 by 4 footprint from each end leaving 6 inches in the middle of my grow space that’s not covered. I thought about doing this bc the lights will overlap each other making the middle 6 inches covered? I also don’t wanna have a hole in the middle if the overlapping isn't sufficient enough.

3. Hang lights to perfectly cover half of the growing space which is 4ft 3 inches. This would leave 1.5 inch not covered on each end and 3 inches in the middle. I would still have light overlapping at the middle. Which would be the best way? Sorry for the long post any input would be greatly appreciated!!

BigCube

BigCube

New grower here and ordered 2x 240watt kingbrite led. My grow space is 2 by 8 ft 6in. The footprint of my lights are 2ft by 4ft. So that leaves 6 inch of uncovered area. So I’ve thought of 3 ways to hang my lights. Any and all input is appreciated!

1. Hang my lights so the 2 by 4 footprint meet exactly at the middle. Leaving 3 inches on each end of my grow space.

2. Hang lights to cover the 2 by 4 footprint from each end leaving 6 inches in the middle of my grow space that’s not covered. I thought about doing this bc the lights will overlap each other making the middle 6 inches covered? I also don’t wanna have a hole in the middle if the overlapping isn't sufficient enough.

3. Hang lights to perfectly cover half of the growing space which is 4ft 3 inches. This would leave 1.5 inch not covered on each end and 3 inches in the middle. I would still have light overlapping at the middle. Which would be the best way? Sorry for the long post any input would be greatly appreciated!!

I would go with option 3. Though I'm not sure a few inches is going to make that big of a difference.

Good luck with your new grow!

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I would go with option 3. Though I'm not sure a few inches is going to make that big of a difference.

Good luck with your new grow!
Ya I thought the same thing I’m just a perfectionist when it comes to my whole build out of my first indoor grow and I wanna make sure I do it right. I was leaning towards option 3 as well thanx for the input!!

BigCube

BigCube

You're gonna love the kingbrites. I've been using them for a while now. Only thing I would buy right now for specs and price 👍

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
You're gonna love the kingbrites. I've been using them for a while now. Only thing I would buy right now for specs and price 👍
Ya I was originally gonna get the spider farmer sf2000 which is really a great light but the more I dig deeper and deeper I found these which are basically the same thing for a fraction of the cost. I’m also not even gonna run them at 100% I wanted to get around 200watts per light just like the spider farmer lights. That will be sufficient for my 2 by 8ft 6 in space. What does the dimmer switch look like? Does it show percentage of power on the dial?

BigCube

BigCube

Ya I was originally gonna get the spider farmer sf2000 which is really a great light but the more I dig deeper and deeper I found these which are basically the same thing for a fraction of the cost. I’m also not even gonna run them at 100% I wanted to get around 200watts per light just like the spider farmer lights. That will be sufficient for my 2 by 8ft 6 in space. What does the dimmer switch look like? Does it show percentage of power on the dial?

No, bare basics. Just a knob. You could get a watt meter from Amazon but chances are you'll end up cranking them up anyways.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
No, bare basics. Just a knob. You could get a watt meter from Amazon but chances are you'll end up cranking them up anyways.
LOL right? I’ll be over like more power equals more flowers!! I really wanna just keep it around 200watts per light tho bc of the space I have I don’t really need the extra power. But ya you’re prollly right I’ll end up cranking them during flower

Latest posts

Top Bottom