How Far In Flower Should Lights Be

• Thread starter Nybadboy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Hey everyone I have a 1000 Hps and I'm now in flowering stage and was wondering what distance I should keep my light to maximize coverage it on a rail as well? Any help would be appreciated

sKully

sKully

This depends on the square footage of your canopy. How big is it?

Navillusii

Navillusii

I have two air cooled HPS. I have em about 6 inches from the glass. Just watch for signs of burning and bleaching. (Leaves get crispy, Leaves/bud turn white. If you have the ceiling space 30 inches would be nice, like bogart tasty suggested.

Navillusii

Navillusii

Personally, i've got little experience as everything i run is air cooled
What about without the protective glass?
. but with no glass i would say 18-24 inch mim.
put your hand under the light where the plant is, if its hurting your hand after a minute or so its probably to low.

Navillusii

Navillusii

My first indoor grow so I'm hoping for the best

Started with 1 hps 1000w back in 2011. Takes time. Don't sweat the small shit, the more you do it the more comfortable you'll become and the more you'll experiment. Good luck man.

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

This is what Im starting with 1 1000w HPS and 2 400w MH Blue spectrum i have the HPS on a rail and thx for the advice i really appreciate it

mango420

mango420

Also depends what type of shade you have and how much air is blowing over the tops?

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

I have no shade its a open top just the metal hood and plenty of air flowing all around the room

sKully

sKully

Actually im in a 10x12 room

I need the canopy size, not the room size.

When factoring in the spread of your lighting, the distance of the light from the plants will entirely depend on how big of a canopy you have and how well you can distribute that light across the canopy. You'll want to figure out the height that gives you the maximum canopy coverage while maintaining the perfect distance for maximum light intensity .

You're using 1000 Watt fixtures so I would give them 2.5-4 feet depending on the hoods you have, the light spread you're getting with them and if the lights themselves are being cooled.

mango420

mango420

A shade is the same thing as a reflector, you dont have one? Just bare bulb? Like skully said, need to know the canopy size as well.

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

Well my plants are 4 foot tall I'm new guys bare with me please

Nybadboy

Nybadboy

I just got a new set up entirely i will be using 2 4x8 tents with my lights on a rail so wish me luck

Top Bottom