How far into flower should I follow vpd?

• Thread starter StealthLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StealthLED

StealthLED

Just wondering how far into flower I should be following vpd, I'm at the start of week 4 tomorrow and because I've only got a small room it's hard to keep vpd at one set point so it does swing from around .9-1.3 at the moment.
room temp 29-30.5 (84.2-86.9)
leaf temps 25-29 (77-84.2)
Humidity 65%-59%

Reason I ask is because my last grow I followed vpd all the way through flower and did get a small amount of bud rot...

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You need a much higher VPD. I’d lower your RH. VPD should be followed through the entire grow however each stage of the grow requires a different VPD. In flower you need a higher VPD, in veg you need a lower VPD. I like 1.2 to be the minimum in veg and 1.4 to be the minimum in flowering. 1.4-1.6 is my goal for veg, 1.5-1.9 is my goal for flowering. But that’s me.

StealthLED

StealthLED

You need a much higher VPD. I’d lower your RH. VPD should be followed through the entire grow however each stage of the grow requires a different VPD. In flower you need a higher VPD, in veg you need a lower VPD. I like 1.2 to be the minimum in veg and 1.4 to be the minimum in flowering. 1.4-1.6 is my goal for veg, 1.5-1.9 is my goal for flowering. But that’s me.

Cheers mate I'll drop the RH to get into the 1.4 range then drop again in a week or so, I think I maxed out at 1.4-1.5 last run so that's possible why I got a little rot, I've got 5 16" wall fans and I do take off some leaves to keep a good air flow around the plants but still lost probably 30g to rot, luckily it wasn't more! I've never flowered with such high humidity like I did with my last run aways dropped it below 50% but it was definitely the best stuff I've ever grown so I think from my last run slightly higher is better than low but it's finding that nice place in between so that rot doesn't show its ugly self!

OGGemann

OGGemann

I ran across this post I know it’s old but hopefully you get this. I am about 2 wks left and my VPD is at 1.9 temps at 78. Should I bring down the temps or should I be ok

Latest posts

Top Bottom