How full do you fill your cure jars?

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

How full do you fill your cure jars?

• Total voters
bloads

bloads

Once they're definitely dry, and just in the curing process, how full do you fill your jars?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I fill them around 3/4 full I leave some air in there not much.. I don't like 2 fill the jar all the way up but almost full..

smokum

smokum

I voted 3/4 full for curing. It allows me to lightly 'jiggle' separate the buds during early curing before opening the jars to breath.

Once the bud is truly done with the process I top the jars up loosely for storage.

dorjewright

dorjewright

1/2 full at 62 to 68% RH so I can rotate the jar without shaking and burb. At 60 % - RH I seal at 90% full. I use a caliber hygrometer in the jar to determine RH.

S

spinkus

to the top, don't have many jars. curious question though.

Try going to some rummage/yard sales on the weekend and you can find all sorts of old unique jars to store your buds in, neater than the same old mason jar, ya know

And when mine's DRY DRY, like crisp, l'll jar it up 3/4 full and let it cure. lts hard to get it crisp this time of the year with all the humidity outside, in the winter time it works great

MARTA

MARTA

1/2 full at 62 to 68% RH so I can rotate the jar without shaking and burb. At 60 % - RH I seal at 90% full. I use a caliber hygrometer in the jar to determine RH.

My method is very similar...

I do 3/4 full @ 55%-60% Humidity using a Western Caliber III Hygrometer.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Full

i fill it up so buds dont bang around on the glass.....jmo

:hi

phenotyper

phenotyper

I do 3/4 because when they go in jars they are around 67-63% relative humidity. This allows me to rotate them and move them around in jars without physically touching them. Yes, stuff gets rubbed off on the glass most likely but I consider this to be a fine tradeoff for not emptying all my jars all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom