greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you using 400,600,1000 watts? Air cooled? etc, lil more specific brah

:passingjoint:
gtd

J

jordisgarden

Yeah all depends. like if your using an hid like hps or metal halide. then put the light like a foot to two feet abov the plants depending on heat. if u have floros then it goes 2 inches above em. heat is the major factor you want em as close as possible without fryin em.

Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Vertical hanging lights? The brightest light comes from the very center of the lamp at 90* or horizontally from the center of the lamp. Let’s say you put the center of the light even in height with the top bud on your plant. The top colas on the plant will be the farthest away from the light but it will be the brightest light. The lower branches and buds will be closer but off angle where the light is not as bright. So the light intensity ends up being pretty even.
I have the center of my light a little below the tops of the plants because I’m water cooled and that has its own set of issues.

Below see 1000 W HPS Hortilux
View attachment 68997

View attachment 68998

R

rtl231

i understand the heat and all that.what i mean is, in a vert. set up on a 2f tall plant should the light be on the 1f mark or above the plant.
i see all this pictures of the lights being above the plants but why if a buld when hangd vert the light goes sideways not down so if you put the bulbs above the plants the light is going to the walls. the point is to use all the light and at the same time get as much light to the hole plant including the lower buds

D

doubleds

The bulbs should be beside the plant, so the plant is lit up from the side not the top. When your plant gets to tall for the footprint of the bulb is when you start raising it. The last 2 weeks you raise the bulb to the tops to harden everything up.

dds

Desertboy

Desertboy

The bulbs should be beside the plant, so the plant is lit up from the side not the top. When your plant gets to tall for the footprint of the bulb is when you start raising it. The last 2 weeks you raise the bulb to the tops to harden everything up.

dds

Ah, I wondered why I'd seen you're lights up high but only right at the end of a grow, makes sense now.

J

jordisgarden

When you use the top to bottom light setup do you have to spin the plants to get light to em all evenly? or with so much light y get full penetration?. can you do that with 600 watters and still get good reults? i was thinking id like to surround 4 plants in my 8 by 8 but id like to do it with 5 600s. what about 4 600hps lamps with a 1000mh in the middle?.

x o x
o x o
x o x id put em in 18 gal containers......what are good quality strains that grow well in a setup like that?

T

TyKaycha

Will it work...sure...will it be 4lbs/plant- no, but should still have a decent yield.

Top Bottom