How important is the curing process if everything goes to the press? Flower rosin

• Thread starter loveinyourheart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

loveinyourheart

Hey everyone

now that its time to harvest, i understand why some people just dry freeze everything and turns it all into bubble hash

in my case, ill turn everything into flower rosin.

from what i gathered so far, theres seem to be 2 schools

1- press as soon as the humidity is around 62% in order to save terps. So within 10 days of harvest i should press
2- normal cure just like with flower ( 2-3 week cure), then press

curious what is you guys opinion on that matter.

thx!

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

Hey, I am far from an expert, but the way I understand it is. The freeze and press method creates live resin. If the buds cured first, is it still considered “live”? Not big i to concentrates, so I really cant say which is better, but good luck!

freezeland2

freezeland2

If you press to early you won’t get much yield. I wait until it’s at least cured.

freezeland2

freezeland2

One thing I will point out…..yield is also strain dependent. I’m working with some material right now that just won’t yield enough to make it worthwhile to press. The buds are nice and firm and very resinous but press it and you get nothing but Nori Furi cake. The rosin just won’t flow. Better to smoke these particular buds.

L

loveinyourheart

One thing I will point out…..yield is also strain dependent. I’m working with some material right now that just won’t yield enough to make it worthwhile to press. The buds are nice and firm and very resinous but press it and you get nothing but Nori Furi cake. The rosin just won’t flow. Better to smoke these particular buds.
Hmmm, thats weird. so far i must have pressed over 20 strains, some need more heat otherwise the yield is too low.
have you seen some strain that even when more heat is applied, still barely no oil comes out?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hmmm, thats weird. so far i must have pressed over 20 strains, some need more heat otherwise the yield is too low.
have you seen some strain that even when more heat is applied, still barely no oil comes out?
Yes, one other. But I should caveat it was a single pheno of some GG#4.

The one I’m trying to press now is Iceberg. I’m going to try one of her sisters and see if I get the same result. So far I’m through two of four different pheno types I have of it. I have tried varied pressures, and temps from 190 to 210. Same results. Hopefully pheno three will give a little, I hate wasting weed.

L

loveinyourheart

The one I’m trying to press now is Iceberg. I’m going to try one of her sisters and see if I get the same result. So far I’m through two of four different pheno types I have of it. I have tried varied pressures, and temps from 190 to 210. Same results. Hopefully pheno three will give a little, I hate wasting weed.
that strain that couldnt yield rosin, do you think it would also have given low yield of hash?

L

loveinyourheart

Uncured weed will produce rosin that taste less desirable IMO.
Not bad rosin, but quality and cure effect flavor of the rosin, just like the bud.
ok, so I should cure how long after 10 days drying.

you know what, ill be the judge. ill report back. ill do half the plant after 10 days and 65 RH, and will do 3 weeks later after the curing process.

L

loveinyourheart

"
Dried and cured cannabis flowers can be used for hash as well, but the premium hash on the market is often made with fresh frozen material. Learn more about fresh frozen cannabis in the article Fresh Frozen or Dried Flowers for Bubble Hash?

Curing also isn’t necessary if you’re pressing the flowers for rosin. Dried and cured flowers can be used to make rosin, but it’s not always ideal. With flower rosin, the fresher the flowers the better, so curing is normally avoided. For making flower rosin, the flowers only need to be dried until they reach 60-65% humidity, then they can be pressed. Additional curing will contribute to greater terpene loss, which lessens the therapeutic value of the final product.

However, to prepare flowers for smoking, curing is a must. "

it seems thepressclub dont think curing is necessary...

the plot thickens :)

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Wow GG4 has always made the best tasting rosin while yielding above 20% every time.

Ponky

Ponky

The only product I know of processed immediately from fresh trimmed buds is CO2 live resin. It's pretty good. But you will taste any imperfection. Looks like a jelly. I think they freeze the buds first. Then blast em. But I think they freeze them just to keep it fresh before they run it.

Top Bottom