How in the world are people flowering successfully in 3x3’s with a 150W (total draw from the wall)?

• Thread starter Kushymane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourthCity

FourthCity

Everything. It's my first indoor grow so it's not perfect but! A few cheap lights set strategically will do the trick.
Just because they are cheap doesn't mean they are a good value. You would likely see better results spending the same or less money on an hps or cmh light than you will with cheap blurple lights. Spending just a little more for higher quality budget leds will ultimately save you money with their increased efficiency, greater longevity, and lower heat output (offsets cooling costs).

Gashuffer

Gashuffer

I did my first grow earlier this year with the TS1000. I did 2 Autos in a 32" x 32" tent. I only grew 2 plants since it was my first grow and I wanted to make sure I didn't do too many while I was learning soooo much.

But, my numbers were:

75g dry between the two plants and at 150W from the TS1000, I got about 1/2 gpw. However, had I done 4 plants, would the additional 2 plants get the same growth as with just 2? Maybe? It's reasonable to believe I could push 1gpw I suppose. We shall see as I'm doing 3 now and plan to go to 4 on the next grow. 4 will fit for sure. But all 4 will be under the reflector lip on the TS1000.

I'm not really growing for efficiency, but it's interesting to see what others are getting. I work in the lighting industry, specifically in downlight product development, so I was debating grabbing a few scrapped prototype heat sinks and COBs and trying them out too!

Sick66

Sick66

Just because they are cheap doesn't mean they are a good value. You would likely see better results spending the same or less money on an hps or cmh light than you will with cheap blurple lights. Spending just a little more for higher quality budget leds will ultimately save you money with their increased efficiency, greater longevity, and lower heat output (offsets cooling costs).
Yes, but... The post is about low wattage and successful flowering. I'm running low wattage and flowering just fine. My lights aren't "cheap" but they're not name brand American made. 80$ for the main light and 40$ each for the smaller. The buds are happy

FourthCity

FourthCity

Yes, but... The post is about low wattage and successful flowering. I'm running low wattage and flowering just fine. My lights aren't "cheap" but they're not name brand American made. 80$ for the main light and 40$ each for the smaller. The buds are happy
Unless I misunderstood the op was asking if/how people are producing 5+ ounces (over 150 grams) with just one 150 watt light. My last comment was just to point out to you and any other first time growers who read your post that there are better options than blurple lights if you want to set yourself up for success and that the main objection to those options (higher cost) is ultimately not even the case if you consider the big picture. People still buying blurple lights today are unnecessarily handicapping their grow either in ignorance or just to save a couple bucks.

I'm not trying to offend you but based on the picture I would be surprised if you managed more than 1-1.5 ounces and I think that might even be generous. This should be considered successful for a first grow of that scale but I dont think its what the op had in mind when they started the thread. Lights and wattage also arent the driving force behind whether or not the plant looks happy or healthy, this has far more to due with nutrients and environment. The fact that your plants do look well tells me that you have your nutrients and environment more or less in good order and likely could see some benefits in yield from better lighting.

Top Bottom