How large of an Alita Linear air pump for DWC?

• Thread starter Thegreywizard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

Ok so I'm trying to figure out how big an an Alita Linear air pump I need for DWC.

If you aren't familiar with this style, they are supposedly significantly way more quiet than your regular air pump.

I see Current Culture lists the Alita-80 as their largest option for this size/style air pump, but how many buckets can an 80L Linear air pump do?

Here is Current Culture's Spec sheet:

I am thinking of my flower rooms being 10 buckets + control bucket.

Not sure if I want to get independent air pumps for both rooms, or just have 1 big pump plumbed to both rooms to save money.

I've also found these other Fujimac Linear air pumps as an alternative to Alita. The benefit to them is they seem to come in considerably bigger sizes than what Alita offers. So if I need something more than 120L for 10-20 buckets, I can go with the Fuijmacs:

I mean you can never have enough air right?

I think all of these pumps are built for Japanese Koi ponds. That's kind of where they shine. So I'm not sure on the quality of Alita vs. Fujimac, but the Fujimacs look like a more robust of an air pump and are basically the same price. But they both come with a 3 year warranty.

I would like to be efficient with the air pump though. So if I can get away with a smaller air pump and save on electricity, I'll do that.

Last edited:
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

In my bubbling experience, I have found too much is possible with a lack of growth, from all the disruption.
I am in a position right now of preparing a dwc that I have previously used and my first thought , how to get rid of the air pump.
I have a few ideas.

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

Ok maybe too much can bubble and break roots.

But I don't want to get rid of the air pump. To each their own.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Ok maybe too much can bubble and break roots.

But I don't want to get rid of the air pump. To each their own.
There was a time I thought inside the box but looking outside made a world of difference.
Enjoy and good luck with your grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom