How long after you put the bud in jars do you put the boveda in it?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the123321

the123321

I have 32oz wide mouth mason jars that I plan to put dried bud in with a boveda 8g 62% rh pack in with a small hygrometer in it. Do you put the boveda in the jar the day you put the bud in or do you wait to do it?

mancorn

mancorn

Depends on the rh of your material. You'll need a couple of the 8g for a 32oz jar (which will hold about 2oz). If my buds are on the dry side I’d add the pack when canning. I'd just pop your hygrometer in and see the next day where you're at. If it's under drop in your pack(s), since you'll just be burping and resealing, if your rh is over 62% you'll want to leave the jar open for an extended period, which will dry out your pack, so I’d leave them out until you’re close to the 62%.

B

Burned Haze

after the bud bud is dry, does not have to be “ cured or burped yet”

right when you put those buds in the bucket or jar. Put the w/e rated 58-62% (ur pref) Silica cell boveda and have that from the day it‘s in the jar and you won’t have inbalances . Key is even when burped . If you can have a silica cell at your wanting humidty stability always ( way better luck of never fucking up and if you damage it - it’s perm damaged )

so no reason to wait for after burp to add the boveda cell. The key when burping is to use a digital humidty when your on the end and to make sure that humidty is actually at the % you want. And if it’s not. Keep burping everyday till it gets there ( slower the better on curing )

if it was me on purchasing humidty silica , boveda ( I bought tons of em) the con is after a certain time no matter what they ”freeze “ up and expire . the ineffable are not only cheaper and they will retain your moisture if your bud is higher than the humidty and the bad lace back to the perctane you want , don’t believe me? Check with a digital meter and you can have em for like 2+ years easy cause I know I do and they still work.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I have 32oz wide mouth mason jars that I plan to put dried bud in with a boveda 8g 62% rh pack in with a small hygrometer in it. Do you put the boveda in the jar the day you put the bud in or do you wait to do it?

What works for me, I try to start the curing process when the buds are dry to about 65-66 then put them in the vaults/jars. Then start the daily burping process until i get to 62%, then I'll have a quick peek every 3 or 4 days.

I've had bud stored in cvaults unopened for 4 months that went from 62% to 61%.

When to add the 62% boveda?

Never, or when the moisture hits 58%.

Always better to bring the moisture down than it is to bring it up imo.

20200628 082107

Dr.B

Dr.B

What works for me, I try to start the curing process when the buds are dry to about 65-66 then put them in the vaults/jars. Then start the daily burping process until i get to 62%, then I'll have a quick peek every 3 or 4 days.

I've had bud stored in cvaults unopened for 4 months that went from 62% to 61%.

When to add the 62% boveda?

Never, or when the moisture hits 58%.

Always better to bring the moisture down than it is to bring it up imo.

View attachment 992766
+1

I don't use them. Shouldn't have to really.

the123321

the123321

Thanks. How do you know when to take the bud out of the drying tent? Do you do take it out when the smaller limbs snap when you bend the plant limb on there?

Dr.B

Dr.B

Opinions on this vary. I jar them at 65% stems are still slightly bendable at this point. The standard practice is to jar them once the stems snap easily.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Never. I used them once. I didn't care for the smell of them, and was concerned that it would pass it on to the weed. Sure enough it did. Yuck.
Are others better or would it be better to use none, my bacement is dry & that's where they are going.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Are others better or would it be better to use none, my bacement is dry & that's where they are going.
Sorry, I don't know. I haven't tried any other brand after my two experiences with Boveda. I did try them a second time with the same results. My experience, based on having hydrometers on some of the jars, is that the humidity stays stable once it's sealed up in glass jars. I keep an amount out in a separate container that I'm using on a daily basis. When that runs out then I'll go into a sealed jar.

There may be some benefit to using the packs if you're storing in something that is permeable, but I don't like the smell they impart.

Top Bottom