How long and at what temp/humidity should I dry my harvest? [PICS]

• Thread starter Growth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Growth

These are our first auto-flowers. I'm pretty sure we stunted their growth somehow. We had some issues with overwatering and gnats.

They're about half the size of our usual grows. One of them is half the size of the other two as well, lol. This was a very strange grow.
They have amazing buds, probably the best we've grown out of 6 grows, even though they were our worst looking plants ever.

We normally hang them in the 4x4 tent, a fan slowly running, humidity at 55-65, and temp at as close to 60 as we can get.
Then we wait 2 weeks. Which is perfect for our usual size plants. Do we still do 2 weeks even though they're half the size?

Drying tent 1
Drying tent 2

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I try to do 60º and 60% RH. I start checking it after about five days. That doesn't mean I stop drying then, though. It's just that some crops dry faster than others. I also cure for 4 to 6 weeks in Grove bags that also control the humidity.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
I try to do 60º and 60% RH. I start checking it after about five days. That doesn't mean I stop drying then, though. It's just that some crops dry faster than others. I also cure for 4 to 6 weeks in Grove bags that also control the humidity.
The 60/60 method is pretty much the norm we all use... however there are a few tricks to help balance drying....

You have low humidity leave all leaves on and do a dry trim... the leaves will help drying buds slowe... do the opposite in high humidity... do light wet trimming in higher humidity ranges...

Cooler temps help preserve terps... too low will destroy....

Don't have fan vlowing directly on them just want air circulation in the tent...I'll have a fan blow air in front of them blasting the wall to disperse

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
The 60/60 method is pretty much the norm we all use... however there are a few tricks to help balance drying....

You have low humidity leave all leaves on and do a dry trim... the leaves will help drying buds slowe... do the opposite in high humidity... do light wet trimming in higher humidity ranges...

Cooler temps help preserve terps... too low will destroy....

Don't have fan vlowing directly on them just want air circulation in the tent...I'll have a fan blow air in front of them blasting the wall to disperse
At the end I’ll pop all buds off stalks and plastic tub a light layer spread evenly on the bottom with lid on but pulled back about an inch open,
Let sit on floor of drying room in the dark for another week, in dark, fan still blowing indirectly, then trim and jar,
Bobs your uncle!
Jump started the curing process😜

Top Bottom