How long before I notice the odor on Sour D?

• Thread starter yezmar420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yezmar420

yezmar420

Hey all...so I'm on week 6 of flowering for my Sour Diesel plants and I still haven't noticed any strong odors yet...should it have shown up by now? I always heard Sour D was a real stinker but that doesn't seem to be the case for me..I'm getting a little concerned that my clones from the dispensary might be a bad pheno or something???

I'm also noticing the plants yellowing way sooner than they should..my nutes are a pretty complete line and I've been flushing occasionally with plain water, never had this problem before, but I've never grown Sour D before either. The yellowing seems to be on the lower leaves and some of the main flowering tops...they are like a pale yellow in some places. PLEASE HELP!! I hope it's not too late if there is a problem or something...

L

livinglegend

they should have some smell. at week 7 you should be smelling them pretty good and it will only get better from there. if your lower leaves are yellowing you MIGHT have a nitrogen deficiency.

Diesel in my opinion is a tricky strain to grow, i havn't found a good recipe for nutes that they truly enjoy yet. im always having problems with my diesel. my bubba can take in alot, the diesel cant at all.

post a pic if you can.

also, make sure your dispensary is legit, ask questions about the strain, see if they have any finsihed product in stock. ask alot. if they cant answer then dont buy from them. unfortunently people are selling bullshit clones to dispensarys alot, always have.

i deal with a delivery service when i feel like a new strain. he only deals with clones and knows his shit, he'll talk for hours, show you finsihed nugs, pics, everything. this is the kinda guy you want clones from.

M

Max Paynal

Hey Team,

Where can we get a legit Sour D seed, outside of Cali? Not all of us have access clones. What happened to Rezdog? What do you all recommend?

Soma's gear is not really diesel based on King's appraisal.

Thanks for everyones input!

Best,

Max

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
should hav som smell by 2wk flower 6wk n no stank somthin is wrong

that stank skunk smell that bitch carries a city block

outdoor is a prob if odor is a concern

1luvbigherb

C

cain23456

I can smell it going veg. By week 6 you should be nervous about security because of the smell.

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
It should def have some stench by now do u have an ionizer or maybe a scrubber in the room this could be stopping u from smelling the odor...

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Damn Sour diesel stinks even in vege and when she's in flowering you better have good carbon filters. Sour D is a stinker just like Uk Cheese but in her own stench lol

Did you grow here from seed?

G

greyfx

I'm growing jack right now and at week 8 it has a weird lemony smell.

yezmar420

yezmar420

Thanks for chiming in all! I think my problem might stem from the ventilation I setup, it works too well. I turned off my exhaust and let things marinate in the room for a while and the smell started to stand out. As soon as I can get a camera I'll post pics..

B

BayArea

I just finished some sour d cuts from the club that dont smell like anything either. Swear they're schwag clones...lol. Sucks after a 10 week flower. Beware of some club strains. Oh well. Better luck next time I guess.

yezmar420

yezmar420

I just finished some sour d cuts from the club that dont smell like anything either. Swear they're schwag clones...lol. Sucks after a 10 week flower. Beware of some club strains. Oh well. Better luck next time I guess.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I ENDED UP WITH!:sign0055:

Very slight faint smell/buzz..

I knew something was up 5-6 weeks in and hoped things would turn around...I ended up with a pound of straight up LARF. It started yellowing real early and the leaves just started crapping out.

I asked the club about it and they did verify that the clones were bunk and many people got burned, they said one guy bought 500 of them, came in everyday and bought 50 to find out he had some garbage..I bet he was really pissed...oh well, you live you learn.

I'm gonna start a new thread soon with my new cuts..instead of putting all my eggs in one basket I bought a couple different kinds, from a different club...ended up with Blue Dream, Chemdog and the Cheese...coming soon to a forum near you:rasta:

Top Bottom