How long can I leave my seedlings with my 12 hour flowering plants?

• Thread starter Beach_Bum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I suppose u could leave for a bit, but seedlings need 18 hours of light, it will shock them going from 12/12to18/6, get a small light for your seedlings and if there under a bloom light remove them immediately.

Madbud

Madbud

Been into 12 hour flowering now forever it seems. Still have a week or two left to go on the mostly indica and gawd only knows on the Durban. So I started some seeds that suppose to be Panama Reds and will be putting them out in the woods. Just wondering how long I can keep them with the other plants before they get funky with 12 hour veg?
So you built a veg box, problem solved?
Find myself in the same situation, girls need another three or four or five weeks and i started cracking more beans. Six fems and a bunch of regs. I may split up the fems but the rest are headed outdoors in a couple weeks, sexing regs at 12/12 would be a bonus. We’ll see..

Bigger D

Bigger D

Been into 12 hour flowering now forever it seems. Still have a week or two left to go on the mostly indica and gawd only knows on the Durban. So I started some seeds that suppose to be Panama Reds and will be putting them out in the woods. Just wondering how long I can keep them with the other plants before they get funky with 12 hour veg?
This should allow you to separate the two and still allow the Panama Red to veg outdoors. The best thing you can do for your bloom is ensure you do not distrurb the dark cycle; you may introduce Co2 with good air movement to stimulate the denseness and continued bud development - you may find that by opening the interior you can get a 2nd yield and not pull the whole plant. Do check your humidity levels and pay attention to the weight of each plant so there is just enough of a 1 hour dry cycle b4 introducing alternate flush in the final 10 days between media supplements - no more foliar spray, should moisture condense on the buds shake the plant to knock it off. I trust your room is got the correct temperature, etc. Many growers (incl Green House Seed Co - Ardan, the King of Kush used this veg hydration technique as well, in soil and in moisture absorbing pellets as the media.
Regarding the Durban Poison, depending on your flowering room you need to immediately go back to an 18 hour minimum light cycle by supplement with clamp-on 110v led bulbs or depending on the size and bigger fixture until June 21st, the longest day of the year. from then on the fall angle of the earth to the sun, hits the red color spectrum so the plant thinks its time to do the stretch and start the flowering cycle.

Indoors, Durban Poison takes around 8-9 weeks of flowering and can produce quite a strong aroma towards the end of bloom – ensure you have a good quality carbon filter. Outdoors, in the northern hemisphere, the buds start to swell during September and begin to reach maturity around early October.

Durban Poison grow review | Dutch Passion Blogs​

Bigger D

Bigger D

Bigger D

Bigger D

Re the Panama Reds - they will have to adjust to light shock for 3 or 4 days so keep them in filtered sunlight as the sun will produce something like 100,000 more lumens than a typical 1,000 watt old school Metal Halide indoor bulb, or for flower a 1,000 watt High Pressure Sodium fixture. To delay flowering and improve size - your plan for the woods needs a strategy - portable or flowerpots in the ground. spacing and good: Fabric pots lets you easily judge moisture by content by weight. Too long a dry cycle stunts root development which is critical in a light and fluffy media (I used #3 and #4 perlite with Sunshine Mix #4 (plenty of peat moss) and/or Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog and always used 72 hour out-gassed water adjusted to between 5.8 and 6.5ph. My King Louis XIII and Bubba Kush became beachball shapes limited only the distance between plants and continuing to pinch and bend from the outside in , to stimulate more colas. Sometimes I grew inside a 54

Bigger D

Bigger D

Re the Panama Reds - they will have to adjust to light shock for 3 or 4 days so keep them in filtered sunlight as the sun will produce something like 100,000 more lumens than a typical 1,000 watt old school Metal Halide indoor bulb, or for flower a 1,000 watt High Pressure Sodium fixture. To delay flowering and improve size - your plan for the woods needs a strategy - portable or flowerpots in the ground. spacing and good: Fabric pots lets you easily judge moisture by content by weight. Too long a dry cycle stunts root development which is critical in a light and fluffy media (I used #3 and #4 perlite with Sunshine Mix #4 (plenty of peat moss) and/or Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Happy Frog and always used 72 hour out-gassed water adjusted to between 5.8 and 6.5ph. My King Louis XIII and Bubba Kush became beachball shapes limited only the distance between plants and continuing to pinch and bend from the outside in , to stimulate more colas. Sometimes I grew inside a 54 tomato cage and used that with vinyl covered garden wire to suport the weight of the flowers. Have to be on constant inspection of underside of leaves to identify insect eggs so proper organic remedy may be foliar sprayed as a means to prevent hatchlings (i.e, aphids, caterpillars, moth larvae....

Latest posts

Top Bottom